Odd torch tentacle recession, looking for ideas

  • Thread starter Thread starter FishyHotel
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

FishyHotel

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2023
Messages
89
Reaction score
63
Location
Arlington
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

I have one torch that has about half of its tentacles that look super recessed. I thought that one of my fish might have nipped at it because I have seen her trim GSP out of her way when swimming around and this guy was at a bit of a choke point before I just moved it. It’s only been a few days since it was moved, but I wanted to see if there were any other opinions on what might be happening with it. Everything else looks super happy so I’m not sure . Thanks for your ideas!

IMG_0337.jpeg IMG_0338.jpeg
 
Hello all!

I have one torch that has about half of its tentacles that look super recessed. I thought that one of my fish might have nipped at it because I have seen her trim GSP out of her way when swimming around and this guy was at a bit of a choke point before I just moved it. It’s only been a few days since it was moved, but I wanted to see if there were any other opinions on what might be happening with it. Everything else looks super happy so I’m not sure . Thanks for your ideas!

IMG_0337.jpeg IMG_0338.jpeg
Potentially ready to split a new head? They look kinda awful when that process starts sometimes
 
Thanks for the idea! I hadn’t considered that. It does look like half of the head is still happy so I was thinking something was messing with it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new