0   0   0
blasto-pink2.jpg

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s kinda ugly but I still love him... sprouting 3 new heads since I started feeding him meaty foods every day!
77F0419E-12A5-465C-91EC-74902C6F3310.jpeg

sromero287

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I need a little bit of help with my colony it’s been growing insane in the last two years and from time to time it closes Max for one day and then it goes back out and the size it’s insane, I started with one little head almost 3 years ago and now I have more than 50 heads gigantic colony I will say easy 8“ x 8“ , Last two weeks Are being really challenging, Unfortunately my trident is been working flawlessly for the last two years but apparently had and issue with my Neptune’s dos‘S pumps overdose (4 total) , Calcium it’s been really consistent for the last year and a half in or around 430ppm, Unfortunately it jumped in a matter of two days to almost 600 ppm, my alk was at 8.3dkh rock solid and went up to almost 9.88dkh and Mag stays around 1380ppm and went up to 1520ppm thank god everything is going down, I checked with trident and salifert today again and Ca it’s around 520, Alk 8.6dkh and Mag 1420ppm, my acan/blasto colony It’s totally closed 5 days now, I lost an acro colony and couple frags with the unbalanced mostly on Alk, I’ve been managing to lower everything to normal parameters not overnight, around 3/4 days I think everything will be back to normal at least the trident it’s been on point spotless after calibration, I calibrated ias well the dosing pumps so everything is working apparently normal, The Corals that I lost I’m OK with that but I’m really worried about my blasto/acan colony, An unbalance like this one with high calcium for an extended period of time of almost 3-5 days will cause the Acan colony being that closed? I did everything imaginable to establish everything again like water changes, the other parameters are perfectly fine including nitrates and phosphates, temperature, salinity and pH. Any recommendations to get my colony back thriving and beautiful like before? I’ll attach a couple pictures of the colony before and right now, thanks everyone and I hope everybody are safe At home.

DAED176B-D4D7-43E0-93B9-BEEFB509E1F7.png 496763AF-CE7D-458D-BAE2-E50A5CF2F6E4.jpeg

Back