Official Euphyllia Show Off Thread...

dewboy1127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those torches are nice! Are they the gold?
Shoot i had them so long now i forget but im pretty sure the one on left with longer tentacles is an Indo torch and yes think the other was the gold...had them close to 3-4yrs now ..the one with longer tentacles is proving hard to keep without it killing everything it touches but thats nature lol

scardall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20160112_150844.jpg
20160112_150858.jpg
IMO get rid of those starfish ASAP as they are harmful to your coral.

dewboy1127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO get rid of those starfish ASAP as they are harmful to your coral.
Agreed. ...i pull them out and give them to my daughter once dry out...however and maybe take this to pm or another thread dont want derail this one but besides manual removal any other way to get rid of them?i have sandsifting star so guessing harlequin shrimp out of picture

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. ...i pull them out and give them to my daughter once dry out...however and maybe take this to pm or another thread dont want derail this one but besides manual removal any other way to get rid of them?i have sandsifting star so guessing harlequin shrimp out of picture
They are asterinas and not ALL types are harmful to corals. There are dark and light ones, not sure which is bad. Manual removal is unfortunately the best way besides borrowing a harlequin that I know of.

dewboy1127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2 torches.

o9LhxeU.jpg
I have to advise here...I had my indo next to my gold and once tentacles got longer on the indo which they ridiculously do it started killing off my gold...I didnt notice till one day went move some stuff and seen half my original gold was receded due to being stung off by indo i figured they be fine nextto each other...this was not the case

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to advise here...I had my indo next to my gold and once tentacles got longer on the indo which they ridiculously do it started killing off my gold...I didnt notice till one day went move some stuff and seen half my original gold was receded due to being stung off by indo i figured they be fine nextto each other...this was not the case
I'll keep a close eye and move the gold away some.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

• I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Other.

Back