***OFFICIAL GHL CONTROLLER USER THREAD***

Have you opened a ticket to report the issues you’re having? I haven’t updated my equipment yet. I was going to today.
DO NOT download the latest version

From GHL
Unfortunately, there is an issue with version 1.1.6 2 of GHL Control Center. The problem has been fixed in GHL Control Center version 1.1.6.3, which will be available by the end of the month.

In the meantime, please use GHL Control Center version 1.1.6.1.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
 
DO NOT download the latest version

From GHL
Unfortunately, there is an issue with version 1.1.6 2 of GHL Control Center. The problem has been fixed in GHL Control Center version 1.1.6.3, which will be available by the end of the month.

In the meantime, please use GHL Control Center version 1.1.6.1.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

I lose more faith in this entire ecosystem by the day. It's death by a million slices, almost all of them things that are not hard to fix, but just linger for years or decades. Then stuff like this. How does something so glaring make it to production? Having to download an new GCC for every set of firmware updates, with the firmware versions hidden inside is insanity to begin with.

No release nots, no clear file dates, nothing one would expect for a mature ecosystem in 2026. Just a 20 year old piece of software that's life support plug should have been pulled long ago. The website(s) are a mess of various design eras, the downloads section a disaster, all of it adding up to significant frustration that takes so much away from the whole experience.

I can't fathom their absolutely stubborn refusal (literal refusal, dismissed as never going to happen) to update this monstrosity, or at least provide Mac and Linux executables for firmware updates. It is not even windows signed, which isn't a huge deal but again goes to the archaic nature of this beast.
 
DO NOT download the latest version

From GHL
Unfortunately, there is an issue with version 1.1.6 2 of GHL Control Center. The problem has been fixed in GHL Control Center version 1.1.6.3, which will be available by the end of the month.

In the meantime, please use GHL Control Center version 1.1.6.1.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
Hello,

Don't worry, you can download and install version 1.1.6.2. which is necessary, for example, to get the latest firmware for the API. However, due to an error 41 issue when connecting (only with GHL Control Center) under certain conditions, the solution in this case is to use the previous version, 1.1.6.1, until version 1.1.6.3 is released.

Gaël
 
I lose more faith in this entire ecosystem by the day. It's death by a million slices, almost all of them things that are not hard to fix, but just linger for years or decades. Having to download an new GCC for every set of firmware updates, with the firmware versions hidden inside is insanity to begin with.

No release nots, no clear file dates, nothing one would expect for a mature ecosystem in 2026. Just a 20 year old piece of software that's life support plug should have been pulled long ago.

I can't fathom their absolutely stubborn refusal to update this monstrosity, or at least provide Mac and Linux executables for firmware updates. Hell it is not even windows signed, which isn't a huge deal but again goes to the archaic nature of this beast.
Preaching to the choir. Plus you have to disconnect each device to update them. SA are worse. You have to connect them to the PC via a usb to update them even if they are in slave mode. I have 4 yes 4 P4 systems with lots of dosers and powerbars. Not to mention an EB2 loaded up with 1-10VDC cards to control my diy led lights. I spent weeks working with GHL regarding the channel assignments if you had to power off the system.
 
1790114746087.png


WiFi attempt

Sincerely Lasse
 
No - I was answered to your post #18 - did not see the posts on page 2

Sincerely Lasse
 
DO NOT download the latest version

From GHL
Unfortunately, there is an issue with version 1.1.6 2 of GHL Control Center. The problem has been fixed in GHL Control Center version 1.1.6.3, which will be available by the end of the month.

In the meantime, please use GHL Control Center version 1.1.6.1.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
This is some Microsoft level garbage right here! GHL should pull the download or at least add a warning. Wasted a couple of hours this afternoon
 
Does anyone have their P4 at the 7.52 firmware and the 7613 wifi firmware? I have multiple P4 setups and only one at the 7.52/7613 levels. That one is the only one where I have connectivity issues. All the P4's are within feet of each other. I wasn't having the connectivity issue until I had updated to the 7.52 firmware. Am I able to go backwards to the previous firmware? I've never done that before and I don't want to brick my P4. I downloaded the previous GCC 1.1.6.1.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new