Official NHL thread... Come on in hockey nuts!

schminksbro

Guardian of The Blue Glow
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And we are off!!!! Thanks Paul! We are pretty excited about the Lions around here. I am also pleased with the moves the Wings made during the offseason. Hopefully your boy Sid can get healthy soon. (Yeah, I really dislike him but I don't wish him ill health). I also enjoy watching the battles between Crosby and Zetterberg. I am even gonna try not to rip on Crosby this year!;) Miracles can happen. Just ask the Lions!
1st, 2nd, 3rd...and so the season begins.....:xd:

The Hockey News: Power Rankings: Power Rankings: Philadelphia takes flight

Congrats on the Lions start this season Andy....1smile1

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And we are off!!!! Thanks Paul! We are pretty excited about the Lions around here. I am also pleased with the moves the Wings made during the offseason. Hopefully your boy Sid can get healthy soon. (Yeah, I really dislike him but I don't wish him ill health). I also enjoy watching the battles between Crosby and Zetterberg. I am even gonna try not to rip on Crosby this year!;) Miracles can happen. Just ask the Lions!

lol. I'll ask Rev to say a few prayers...:wink:

They're talking over here like it will be soon that Sid will be back in the lineup. The one thing I really found interesting is this last in depth interview he gave around here during the exhibition games was they said it wasn't headaches or anything normally associated with PCS that caused the setbacks but when he would go on the ice and start skating and then other guys would skate around him, his eyes had trouble tracking the puck or just other players. I watched The HBO special that aired last year and it addressed the link between concussions and ALS. It was scary. If you can find it, watch it. It changed my whole view on concussions and sports. My son played football his Freshman and Sophomore year in high school and decided he didn't want to play anymore. I can honestly say after watching that HBO special I am very glad.

Last edited:

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here, they have it on You Tube:

[video=youtube;1OHfFNXR__E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OHfFNXR__E[/video]

[video=youtube;OaIBo7PX6mI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaIBo7PX6mI&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;F6FJMcUO4zw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6FJMcUO4zw&feature=related[/video]

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most interesting thing I thought was how they talk about that Lou Gehrig, who the disease is named after, never had a concussion. They proceed to go back through articles about games and they start listing how he was hit by a pitch and knocked out, then hit by a line drive which fractured his skull and knocked him out for 6 minutes and then how his head was so swelled from getting hit so his batting helmet couldn't fit and that he borrowed Babe Ruth's helmet, went out and continued to play.

mikezalewski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am soooo glad that the season started! I love hockey <3 The red wings are one of the best teams in the league. You can argue that this season they are not the best but that would only have to be this season. The red wings have been in the playoffs for the last 20 years. I am sure that is longer than some of you have been alive! but you can not argue that the team still scares most opponents when they have to play them! so all I have to say is GO WINGS!!!

110reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flyers 3-0, have defeated both the Stanley Cup Champions and the team with the best record in the NHL last year and who took the Bruins to 7 games in the cup final last year (Canucks).

I think you guys might as well throw in the towel, looks like the Flyers are going to take it all!

(Ok, might be a bit pre-mature....)

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mixed feelings about that. We would lose the rivalry between the Hawks and the Wings which I think is made all the better by our close proximity geographically but the Wings would play more original 6 teams on a regular basis including the Rangers, the Habs, the Bruins, and best of all the Maple Leafs. The move would also reduce travel which can be a factor in the playoffs.
If Detroit moves out of the Central, Im gonna ask God to strike Bettman with lightning.

110reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flyers aready riddled with injuries. Briere, Pronger, etc out for the moment. A new team and they already have changed a ton from opening day. Need to get the group together and play for a while so the become a "team".

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. Even if he returns it appears that he is now concussion prone. However it may be that he is too afraid to play the mighty Wings tonight.:tongue: I predict he will end his career pretty soon and his legacy will be what could have been.
"The kid" is done. Looks like another Lindross.

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They havent said that sid has another concussion, just some headaches. He passed the impact test and has no other symptoms of a concsussion. Me thinks he was partying too much lately and got a nice hangover. I get headaches like once a week and its not froma recent concussion. Why does a headche have to be concussion related. That is what the impact tests are supposed to determine.
Time will tell

bob

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$9 million and he is too hungover to play?
They havent said that sid has another concussion, just some headaches. He passed the impact test and has no other symptoms of a concsussion. Me thinks he was partying too much lately and got a nice hangover. I get headaches like once a week and its not froma recent concussion. Why does a headche have to be concussion related. That is what the impact tests are supposed to determine.
Time will tell

bob

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My understanding is that being in the same conference they can't meet in the final. I would have preferred more original 6 teams grouped in our division but at least the Hawks and Wings aren't seperated. I would have really liked to have seen Toronto back in our division.
On another note The Wings handled The Pens pretty handily last night in their only regular season meeting this year.:tongue:
I read it was concussion like symptoms???

Btw Andy, I love the division for us next year. I hope they reseed the teams so the Hawks and Wings could meet in the finals again someday. :)

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back