Official Prayer Thread!! (Prayer Request)

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your rear. Guardian angels were there and the Lord blessed you as he does for many. Great to hear of positive outcome and you will find yourself more energetic and sleeping better.
For certain, with blood pressure averaging 120/61 for the last three days: I feel great and that is a source of energy. However, I have much energy because I now know God still has a purpose for me.

With the heart attack wake-up call, my two daughters are loading me up with too much TLC. Saturday morning, both daughters winterized 20’ by 40’ greenhouse.

When I provided for my children, it was a responsibility for being a man. Now, I have a relationship that is enjoyable, when they have time to spend with me.

Yes, I have more than a Guardian Angel. I have The Holy Spirit.

Last edited:

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don’t usually share the negative parts of my life here. But today I am because sometimes life is like that and I hope everyone can just keep me in your thoughts/prayers. And I will keep everyone updated. I ended up in the ER twice in 24 hours due to extreme abdominal pain, fever, chills, dehydration, and what turned into little to no urine output despite filling me with fluids and wanting to go which is extremely painful.:loudly-crying-face: This was a day after a colonoscopy that went smoothly but the colonoscopy was for a different issue and I wanted to take the wait and see approach to see if my symptoms would go away. Well, they didn’t and I ended up spending all day Friday in the ER with very dismissive and rude nurses not answering the call button in a timely fashion. The nurses all day were making comments like, “Ugh the doctor ordered more tests and oh look more meds we have to get.” And straight up dismissing my pain and wanting to discharge me. So believe me, I’m filing a complaint…but of course, all these issues had to happen at the end of the week into the weekend when normal offices are closed but I was told by multiple of my own doctors before they closed to go to the ER. My bladder was so full it was on the verge of bursting more than once which is a medical emergency and it still took them nearly an hour if not more at times to get to me. The doctors in the ER were so lovely and ran a multitude of tests just the nurses were extremely dismissive and rude. So after spending my entire Friday in the ER I was sent home with a diagnosis of a fever, UTI, abdominal pain, and post-operative urinary retention due to a colonoscopy (another issue) which I have had once and never had any issues. That night I was discharged and sent home with a catheter. I later got a call saying the UTI results were negative so now I still don’t have an answer. And I never knew how I could take something as little as not being able to relieve myself for granted. Fast forward to Saturday night, something happened with the catheter and it got dislodged and it was extremely painful and I knew then and there it had to come out taking it out was painless and not my issue. My issue is now I still can’t urinate. Back to a different ER late Saturday night into early this morning. But this time with extremely kind/caring nurses and was seen and treated by a doctor and nurses immediately. More tests were run and unfortunately, I still don’t have an answer. The catheter is back in and I was discharged. Fever came back and I feel like crap and have some upper respiratory issue wouldn’t surprise me from spending the day Friday in a walking Petri dish I call the ER although COVID, flu, RSV, etc. was negative so was the CT scan but that was Friday and I realize things with your body can change so quickly. So right now I’m a medical mystery. And am hoping my normal doctor has answers this week as I have an appointment scheduled and another with urology who hopefully has an answer. I will keep everyone posted. Anyone else gone through this? I know I’m not the first person to not have a definitive diagnosis.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don’t usually share the negative parts of my life here. But today I am because sometimes life is like that and I hope everyone can just keep me in your thoughts/prayers.
I do pray you get back to health and your issues are resolved. I know what it's like to be treated ill by nurses. I even complained the second time I had to be taken care of. This is about you though. I hope you are at least getting some relief in the time being.

God's blessings!

Eric Cohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t usually share the negative parts of my life here. But today I am because sometimes life is like that and I hope everyone can just keep me in your thoughts/prayers. And I will keep everyone updated. I ended up in the ER twice in 24 hours due to extreme abdominal pain, fever, chills, dehydration, and what turned into little to no urine output despite filling me with fluids and wanting to go which is extremely painful.:loudly-crying-face: This was a day after a colonoscopy that went smoothly but the colonoscopy was for a different issue and I wanted to take the wait and see approach to see if my symptoms would go away. Well, they didn’t and I ended up spending all day Friday in the ER with very dismissive and rude nurses not answering the call button in a timely fashion. The nurses all day were making comments like, “Ugh the doctor ordered more tests and oh look more meds we have to get.” And straight up dismissing my pain and wanting to discharge me. So believe me, I’m filing a complaint…but of course, all these issues had to happen at the end of the week into the weekend when normal offices are closed but I was told by multiple of my own doctors before they closed to go to the ER. My bladder was so full it was on the verge of bursting more than once which is a medical emergency and it still took them nearly an hour if not more at times to get to me. The doctors in the ER were so lovely and ran a multitude of tests just the nurses were extremely dismissive and rude. So after spending my entire Friday in the ER I was sent home with a diagnosis of a fever, UTI, abdominal pain, and post-operative urinary retention due to a colonoscopy (another issue) which I have had once and never had any issues. That night I was discharged and sent home with a catheter. I later got a call saying the UTI results were negative so now I still don’t have an answer. And I never knew how I could take something as little as not being able to relieve myself for granted. Fast forward to Saturday night, something happened with the catheter and it got dislodged and it was extremely painful and I knew then and there it had to come out taking it out was painless and not my issue. My issue is now I still can’t urinate. Back to a different ER late Saturday night into early this morning. But this time with extremely kind/caring nurses and was seen and treated by a doctor and nurses immediately. More tests were run and unfortunately, I still don’t have an answer. The catheter is back in and I was discharged. Fever came back and I feel like crap and have some upper respiratory issue wouldn’t surprise me from spending the day Friday in a walking Petri dish I call the ER although COVID, flu, RSV, etc. was negative so was the CT scan but that was Friday and I realize things with your body can change so quickly. So right now I’m a medical mystery. And am hoping my normal doctor has answers this week as I have an appointment scheduled and another with urology who hopefully has an answer. I will keep everyone posted. Anyone else gone through this? I know I’m not the first person to not have a definitive diagnosis.
You’re not the only one who is a mystery and I hope you can get to your primary doctor or admitted for more tests. Sometimes the doctors will go down the line of tests and follow the clues. I hope you find relief And answers quickly. Sending you some healing vibes!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Oh no - hang in there and I hope for positivity this week. Use heat packs as needed

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hope you're feeling better - and hope you notified the person who did the colonscopy.

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hope you're feeling better - and hope you notified the person who did the colonscopy.
Oh I did and I couldn’t reach them it took so long to reach them. It was a hospital surgery center so even if he was in surgery you’d think I could get an answer immediately and they’d answer their phones. I think I called like 15 times before I got an answer and sent multiple portal messages. The actual procedure went well and I was discharged from the hospital and felt fine. It wasn’t until later in the day my symptoms appeared and continued to get worse. The doctors in the ER and my family doctor reached out and reviewed everything and said it looked normal. So no one has a definitive answer or the same answer for me yet. Because no one can agree on anything. And my symptoms and tests show a multitude of things and even I realize how much my symptoms are changing. Hopeful I get some soon though. And I’ve always wanted to be a unicorn just not a medical mystery unicorn lol.

jdpiii3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping you feel better soon.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh goodness. I know all too well about how some nurses and doctors can be. I am praying that you can get some answers and some relief, and from people who are kind.

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My update is that I have RSV. Other than that I don’t really have any other answers. I moved my urology appointment to today as I got really really lucky with a cancellation! I was also told urology appointments at both major hospital systems near me book 1-2 weeks+ out even with referrals and emergent cases from the ER! YIKES! Also this is just a small part of what’s going on it’s like life keeps beating me up one thing after another. I am currently enjoying some nice tea with honey. And trying to relax has my anxiety has been through the roof these past few days with all that’s going on.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slowly getting more answers and feeling much better but seems to be that one issue pops up after the other! My immune system is in chaos! I can feel it and I know it’s in overdrive.
Will keep praying!

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Normally I wouldn’t ask for medical advice or anything especially in this forum but I’m at huge loss. Is anyone here a radiologist? Who could possibly take a look at all the scans I’ve had done/a few of them to make sure there’s nothing abnormal because I don’t know how to read them and would like a fresh pair of eyes on them especially considering I still don’t have any definitive answers.

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Woohoo finally the misery I’ve been living in is finally ending! I hope it stays that way. Thank you everyone for all your love and support/prayers. I finally feel the right diagnosis and medication was started after seeing multiple doctors, being prescribed other medication that hurt and didn’t help at all, multiple trips to the ER, and being brushed off by some of the very people who you turn to when going through a health emergency. I have answers. I am feeling better and I have a plan. I am still getting used to it and adapting but extremely happy I feel I can continue to manage what I’m going through as best as possible.

Johnd651

Getting back in after 10+ years
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't normally ask for prayers... but it's been a weird 3 weeks. My position was eliminated end of March, have not been able to find much in the way of work (I was an assistant director), and today my wife is in for abdominal surgery. We have a 4 year old that is being a trooper through all this. Just hope everything ends up being OK.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't normally ask for prayers... but it's been a weird 3 weeks. My position was eliminated end of March, have not been able to find much in the way of work (I was an assistant director), and today my wife is in for abdominal surgery. We have a 4 year old that is being a trooper through all this. Just hope everything ends up being OK.
Praying for you this morning, John.