Official Prayer Thread!! (Prayer Request)

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

Just a heads up. One reason for my reduced activity here is that I found out recently that my father has colon cancer. It’s been an emotional rollercoaster but I would appreciate any prayers you all can muster.
We cannot be sure but we hope and think we understand that his prognosis is good and we caught it early. We do not believe it has spread anywhere else and surgery should fix it. We are unsure about next steps, what type of cancer, more succinct prognosis, etc until post-surgery which is on the 16th.

Sorry for less participation in recent months, aside from this — this is a busy time of year and a lot has been going on. I am very blessed and God is good but it’s yielded less free time stand-alone.

Thank you all, God bless!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello all,

Just a heads up. One reason for my reduced activity here is that I found out recently that my father has colon cancer. It’s been an emotional rollercoaster but I would appreciate any prayers you all can muster.
We cannot be sure but we hope and think we understand that his prognosis is good and we caught it early. We do not believe it has spread anywhere else and surgery should fix it. We are unsure about next steps, what type of cancer, more succinct prognosis, etc until post-surgery which is on the 16th.

Sorry for less participation in recent months, aside from this — this is a busy time of year and a lot has been going on. I am very blessed and God is good but it’s yielded less free time stand-alone.

Please take care of you and your family first - R2R will be here when you’re ready. In the mean time please know that we are cheering for and praying for you and your dad.

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

rodney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I will pray for your father and family!

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My niece gave birth to triplets a month ago. They have been in NICU since birth but have been growing and doing well. Today Jackson, the middle one took a drastic turn for the worse and was air flighted to Labonheur Childrens Hospital. Would appreciate prayers for Jackson, his mom and dad and all of our family.

rodney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My niece gave birth to triplets a month ago. They have been in NICU since birth but have been growing and doing well. Today Jackson, the middle one took a drastic turn for the worse and was air flighted to Labonheur Childrens Hospital. Would appreciate prayers for Jackson, his mom and dad and all of our family.
I will pray for your family and Jackson!

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dads surgery was a huge success (they moved him up). They found no evidence of spread of the cancer and successfully removed the right colon. We of course wait for test results for further information next week but we are in as good of shape as we could be given the circumstances.

Thank you so much for the prayers! God bless!

Jason

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dads surgery was a huge success (they moved him up). They found no evidence of spread of the cancer and successfully removed the right colon. We of course wait for test results for further information next week but we are in as good of shape as we could be given the circumstances.

Jason
I saw you posted here, and I was like darn, no, but it looks like its for the best and not the worse, THANK GOD!!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
A Prayer for healing

Scubabeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jason
What great news! God is so gracious to have had His hand on the surgeons and the situation in general. Continuing to pray for healing and peace.

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much. God bless you all.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jason
Glad to hear this! Praying for healing.

FlipReeferNYC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure where to post this BUT, can WE, as a community offer a moment of thoughts and prayers to our fellow aquarist/reefers who are as of now being affected by the Wild Fire in Los Angeles California specifically San Fernando Valley. Here is a google search of all Aquarium Store in the Area -> https://www.google.com/maps/search/aquarium+store/@34.2484794,-118.5779656,12z

My son told me about this area and he frequents the Vivid Aquarium Store which I believe is in the heart of this. Last June, I went back to LA (I live in NY) to visit my son and we went to most of these stores.

Thanks Admin.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am not sure where to post this BUT, can WE, as a community offer a moment of thoughts and prayers to our fellow aquarist/reefers who are as of now being affected by the Wild Fire in Los Angeles California specifically San Fernando Valley. Here is a google search of all Aquarium Store in the Area -> https://www.google.com/maps/search/aquarium+store/@34.2484794,-118.5779656,12z

My son told me about this area and he frequents the Vivid Aquarium Store which I believe is in the heart of this. Last June, I went back to LA (I live in NY) to visit my son and we went to most of these stores.

Thanks Admin.

thank you for this healthy reminder. Prayer sent.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 14.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 95 47.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 65 32.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.5%
Back