Official Prayer Thread!! (Prayer Request)

Scubabeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not a man that believes in God
But reading some of this is amazing
I lost the man that saved my life one year ago to the day
He took me in a drug as a addict and turn my life into something great
I am have a great job
And amazing wife and two wonderful kids
Rip John
I will see you again one day
I miss you everyday
But I use the advice you gave me everyday
Thanks for saving my life
Sober for the last 15 years
@jerl77, what a blessing Mr. John was to you when you most needed someone to help you and steer you back on the right path for life. I know God places people in our lives for His divine purpose. Thanking God for Mr. John's life, and praying the pain of his loss to you will be made bearable by the presence of those in your life who love you. May God continue to make Himself known to you in real ways so that you may come to know Him in time.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am have a great job
Rip John
I miss you everyday

Sounds like we could all use someone in our lives, like your friend John. :)

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am have a great job
Rip John
I miss you everyday
Very sorry to hear this. 3 years ago I lost the man who saved mine. I hold onto his advice and always remember him telling me that I helped him more than he helped me. Today I am lucky enough to understand what he was talking about. Sending prayers your way.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4582.JPG Please pray for my mom Shellie as she has been in icu since Monday morning on a respirator and in need of a good prayer she has having organ failure and is only 59
Prayers sent!

jerl77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very sorry to hear this. 3 years ago I lost the man who saved mine. I hold onto his advice and always remember him telling me that I helped him more than he helped me. Today I am lucky enough to understand what he was talking about. Sending prayers your way.

Funny you say that he said the same thing
I use his advice on the kids I train at work and in my home life with my kids.

tripdad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking of all those affected by the tragedy in Las Vegas, my heart goes out to all. I feel blessed to be able to go home to my family today when so many cannot. I cannot imagine your loss or your pain. May God help you thru.

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need prayers for my father in law. Was diagnosed with a very rare form of lymphoma. The rarity delayed the diagnosis so he was already in bad shape when they started chemo. On a ventilator now and largely sedated. The hope is the chemo will knock the cancer back enough to cause the symptoms he's experiencing to retreat as well. He's a great man who's mind is still extremely sharp but his body is failing him.

Scubabeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need prayers for my father in law. Was diagnosed with a very rare form of lymphoma. The rarity delayed the diagnosis so he was already in bad shape when they started chemo. On a ventilator now and largely sedated. The hope is the chemo will knock the cancer back enough to cause the symptoms he's experiencing to retreat as well. He's a great man who's mind is still extremely sharp but his body is failing him.
Praying for strength for your father in law, as well as for the rest of the family during this difficult time. May the doctors treating him be granted wisdom on how to best treat him and keep him comfortable as the chemo does its work.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to relay what has been happening in the flipper family as of late and ask for prayers as well. As a man of faith and a family that has faith, our family is going through a tuff time, again.

My stepdaughters health is declining. When she was 8 years old she was diagnosed with lupus and lost 50% of her kidney function.
She also has PXE, a rare connective tissue disorder. She has also had 7 stents put in her chest and has had 3 open heart surgeries to repair and replace valves. Doctors didn’t expect her to live past 15 and was granted a “make a wish” back then.

My wife has tried numerous times to get her disability through ssi before I met her and each time they have denied her, even with lawyers.
She’s never been able to work because of her disabilities and is on state aid and Medicare, but it’s very limited.

She now 26 and her lupus is now advancing. The past month has been tough on the family, as she has been in and out of the hospital for blacking out and seizures, so bad that she can’t walk now and needs 24 care. My wife, god bless her soul, has quit her job to be there for her while I work and has been going crazy through all of this.

Through all of this I’ve been reaching out to the state and all resources I can come in contact with for help, but the state of Missouri is terrible in this regard.

There’s little the doctors can do at this point and I have and will be the rock that god wants me to be for us all.

Please include us in your prayers, Reef family! God hears all prayers!

Scubabeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to relay what has been happening in the flipper family as of late and ask for prayers as well. As a man of faith and a family that has faith, our family is going through a tuff time, again.

My stepdaughters health is declining. When she was 8 years old she was diagnosed with lupus and lost 50% of her kidney function.
She also has PXE, a rare connective tissue disorder. She has also had 7 stents put in her chest and has had 3 open heart surgeries to repair and replace valves. Doctors didn’t expect her to live past 15 and was granted a “make a wish” back then.

My wife has tried numerous times to get her disability through ssi before I met her and each time they have denied her, even with lawyers.
She’s never been able to work because of her disabilities and is on state aid and Medicare, but it’s very limited.

She now 26 and her lupus is now advancing. The past month has been tough on the family, as she has been in and out of the hospital for blacking out and seizures, so bad that she can’t walk now and needs 24 care. My wife, god bless her soul, has quit her job to be there for her while I work and has been going crazy through all of this.

Through all of this I’ve been reaching out to the state and all resources I can come in contact with for help, but the state of Missouri is terrible in this regard.

There’s little the doctors can do at this point and I have and will be the rock that god wants me to be for us all.

Lifting up you and your family, @Flippers4pups! May our God of all mercy grant your family peace. Lupus is a tough disease; my aunt had lupus for all the years I knew her.

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Prayers for you and your family.

Mark Derail

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about the nurses & doctors that have to follow "do no harm" but are harassed for doing their jobs. Or those poor women facing such a difficult choice.

Sad that the Gov't in Ontario actually had to make a law on this, hoping the rest of the world follows suit, especially state-side.

https://goo.gl/QmwG2Z then this: https://goo.gl/8kqZT6

Ya, not expecting new friends over this...
(I will remove post if OP sends me a pm asking to)

Last edited:

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If everyone would please keep Annette and I in your prayers we would be most grateful. We had to lay down our dog of 13 years, he was a major part of our lives and it has been very difficult coping. This is also the week of our passed away daughter's birthday so we've taken a double dose of life this week.
Thank you

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%

Back