official SCA owners thread/club

hhaase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I'm in this club too apparently. Here's my 150 SCA. Mine was the standard tank, pre-drilled for the synergy overflow. I had Modular Marine custom make me one of theirs to fit the existing holes, and couldn't be happier with the combo. The overflow customization cost a couple extra bucks but was well worth it.

I'd be curiousl how you guys handled your lights on these tanks. My old max-spect's worked perfect with the stock crossbars, but if I need to upgrade at any point the eurobrace does limit options somewhat.

HansReef-0043.JPG

twistedfinn967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add me to the club, I just ordered a 120g drilled yesterday. Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to plumb the return lines. The 120 that this is replacing has the return line going up and in, not drilled. I still have a hard time with 1/2" returns on a 120...:confused:

jorwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you guys using for mesh lids for the SCA 150g drilled for the synergy overflow? I used what you would make for a normal window screen that doesn't block light. But not overly happy with it, would like something more custom that would fit perfectly on top of the eurobracing with some corner areas for wires to go thru. I have two jawfish that like to check out the top of the tank at night time.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the SCA 50 owners....

Using the stock sump, how much space if left either to the side of or in front of the sump for an ATO resivor?
Cant answer that question to a T, but I have the 80 cube with stock sump(redesigned for my needs) which is only slightly larger. There is only enough room for a gallon jug between my doors and front of the sump. On the sides there is about 2 inches between the sump walls and sides of the stand.

It's a pretty tight fit on my 80, so I would assume it's even tighter on the 50.

Reefcowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have my SCA 150 rimless drilled for the 20" synergy overflow(one of the first ones) since 2017 and the tank is today like new when I received it. Seams tight, clear glass. Very happy

SCA is an awesome tank manufacturer

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Red sea reefer owner following this thread.

These tanks look nice and i'm considering upgrading to a 200gal

Jhillreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what bulkheads do I get to replace mine on the 150g braced tank. BRS has several different ones

kenbennedy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I'm in this club too apparently. Here's my 150 SCA. Mine was the standard tank, pre-drilled for the synergy overflow. I had Modular Marine custom make me one of theirs to fit the existing holes, and couldn't be happier with the combo. The overflow customization cost a couple extra bucks but was well worth it.

I'd be curiousl how you guys handled your lights on these tanks. My old max-spect's worked perfect with the stock crossbars, but if I need to upgrade at any point the eurobrace does limit options somewhat.

HansReef-0043.JPG

@hhaase If you don't mind me asking, how much did the Modular Marine overflow run you?

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, I have a question for owners of the 150 with the regular internal overflow. I know all the plumbing is done in 1" I'm being told that I should seriously consider redoing my plumbing to 1.5" so as to be able to turn over more water. I've already done all my plumbing and the system is cycling. I'm running a Sicce 4 as my return pump and I debating if going through the process is necessary or even beneficial. Thoughts ?

HeyJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, I have a question for owners of the 150 with the regular internal overflow. I know all the plumbing is done in 1" I'm being told that I should seriously consider redoing my plumbing to 1.5" so as to be able to turn over more water. I've already done all my plumbing and the system is cycling. I'm running a Sicce 4 as my return pump and I debating if going through the process is necessary or even beneficial. Thoughts ?

No need to try and change to a 1.5" drainpipe. I'm using a syncra advanced 5.5 at full speed and still need to partial close the valve on the 1" pipe

Back