Oh my GONI! Let’s see those Goniopora and Alveoporas!

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted this and never got a reply, anyone ever use hydrogen peroxide to kill algae off Goni skeleton? This guy is on his way out and wanted to try

D80F1474-EDD4-4690-894E-DF0EDEA4560D.jpeg

OP
OP
BighohoReef

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted this and never got a reply, anyone ever use hydrogen peroxide to kill algae off Goni skeleton? This guy is on his way out and wanted to try

D80F1474-EDD4-4690-894E-DF0EDEA4560D.jpeg
I've never tried it on a goni, knowing how sensitive they are I would think the hydrogen peroxide procedure would kill it. I've taken them out and scrubbed the base with a toothbrush and then buried the base in my substrate that seemed to do the trick.

Not goni related but I have rock in my QT tank that has this GHA growing on it. Parameters, the rock is sitting in almost darkness and I've hydrogen peroxide'd, scrubbed, and cleaned the rock where it is bare and still the algae lives on. I've let my clovers take the rock over now it's a race to which wins out. Last resort will be to nuke the rock or just remove it all together.

IMG-1478.JPG

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never tried it on a goni, knowing how sensitive they are I would think the hydrogen peroxide procedure would kill it. I've taken them out and scrubbed the base with a toothbrush and then buried the base in my substrate that seemed to do the trick.

Not goni related but I have rock in my QT tank that has this GHA growing on it. Parameters, the rock is sitting in almost darkness and I've hydrogen peroxide'd, scrubbed, and cleaned the rock where it is bare and still the algae lives on. I've let my clovers take the rock over now it's a race to which wins out. Last resort will be to nuke the rock or just remove it all together.

IMG-1478.JPG
Thanks for the reply I do agree on the sensitivity issue I just don’t know what to do at this point my clown fish or brutalized it I hate those jerks. But I hate giving up more than I hate the clown fish so I don’t know what to do

OP
OP
BighohoReef

BighohoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply I do agree on the sensitivity issue I just don’t know what to do at this point my clown fish or brutalized it I hate those ********. But I hate giving up more than I hate the clown fish so I don’t know what to do
Our clowns nip at us every time I have todo something the tank. Little bast$&@%!. Have you tried placing it in a different or lower spot in the tank?

OP
OP
BighohoReef

BighohoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
started off as a 4 inch piece beginning of this year , under metal halide and t5 is a solid 5.5 inch around closed very fast growing
Are you using daylight T5 or blue

Thawman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted a thread regarding a new Goni possibly stinging an old Goni that has yet to open up. Is there a chance the old Goni will survive after being beside each other for about an hour? The old one remains closed up 4 hours after their initial interaction.

Thanks!

Thawman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted a thread regarding a new Goni possibly stinging an old Goni that has yet to open up. Is there a chance the old Goni will survive after being beside each other for about an hour? The old one remains closed up 4 hours after their initial interaction.

Thanks!
Sorry, but I'm a very nervous human being and am very concerned about killing anything living.

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a few. I wish I could get a better picture of the orange one (lady taffy) the stalk is a crazy neon purple and it’s so nice orange in real life. My current happiest is the good old 13.00 pet co on the glass.

4B28893F-2E2D-4821-8B01-C2D17DE42C07.jpeg 8BA968A4-A2C4-452F-B17F-3460F72D7381.jpeg 458D895F-FBA2-4331-B064-A55E58858126.jpeg F87AE545-9B0D-4AE4-997F-E7DA7F596545.jpeg 7318650E-3592-4E6D-9581-396920CB8274.jpeg 00340A23-B23E-44E9-AF6E-05F4BC045CB5.jpeg
That an orange guy an Alveopora? That thing is gorgeous!

OP
OP
BighohoReef

BighohoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks!
Do you have any pictures? I would recommend leaving and monitoring for now, as long as you don't see die off you should be fine. If anything try spot feeding aminos that seemed to be the ultimate revive'r for us.

We're pretty sensitive about not putting our corals to close together after losing our aussie gold and joker torch... we're pretty sure they went to war with one another lost both. Regardless we've sort of lifted the ban on the distance rule when it comes to the same types of corals our goni's and alveo seem to live pretty well with one another but as everyone will tell you every coral is different, every tank is different. With that leave "a little" space to breath of your corals.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 49 41.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back