Oh thats nice...Acrylic + superglue

Detroit_306

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 14, 2012
Messages
139
Reaction score
4
Location
Macomb, Mi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So some frags were just bugging me because they kept falling so i decided to putty and superglue them into place...in my sleep deprived state i dropped a nice glob of superglue on the front portion of my acrylic tank...anyone have have a good idea to remove this stuff? idk if acetone is such a good idea
 
If you go to a hobby shop, there is a super glue "remover" much less corrosive then acetone. I do NOT know if it is acrylic safe or not though. What size drop are you talking about?
 
I did the same thing a few months ago. I used a mr clean magic eraser and then liquid abrasive and it came completely out. Make sure you wet the magic eraser and use the original one...
 
I would try the CA solvent first, on the back of the tank, or on a scrap piece of acrylic ideally. If that doesn't work, how are you with a dremel and polishing kit?

Here is a link to the "UnCure"
 
Really? Sounds like a good idea

Yep, I was so relieved that it worked. Although I did it right after it happened. Hopefully it works for you. LMK if you have any questions..
 
Thank you for the ideas folks.. Dnov remember specifics on the liquid abrasive? Having acrylic I should own stock in those magic erasers
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new