Ohio reefers start up.

ohio reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 4, 2013
Messages
1,524
Reaction score
20
Location
Columbus Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As many of you know my tank was poisoned and I was leaving the hobby. In the thread I posted my start up and figured it'd be easier to post in its own organized. I had a hard time at first finding funds. Another hobby I have is collecting rare basketball shoes. I decided to sell off some of my shoes in order to get this tank back up and running. I found a biocube for cheap online and decided to get it. Only one light worked and it was very dirty.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1389488631.466603.jpg

My lfs was having a great sale and I needed to cash in on it.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1389488733.975122.jpg

Picked up clowns, sand and rock
.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1389488755.894001.jpg

Went back and bought more rock.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1389488790.279878.jpg
 
After evaluating the stock lights and finding someone selling a brand new led fixture for cheap, I tossed the lid and bought the light. I also cycled the tank and added the anemone and clam that had somehow survived everything, and were sitting at my lfs until I was ready.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1389488925.958425.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1389488954.960665.jpg
 
I found some great deals on frags and large corals posted on Craigslist and arranged to pick them up. Turns out the seller lives 3 houses down from me.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1389489014.415681.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1389489030.417229.jpg
 
Here is an up to date look at the tank.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1389489106.091884.jpg

I have to turn off blue for my phone camera to get decent pictures.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1389489141.510164.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1389489154.728574.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1389489182.964473.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1389489204.614885.jpg
 
Looking good!! Glad to see you hung in there!! :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new