URL]

URL]

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously? so your take away is that i must not understand the term "mated pair" or "mature" clownfish? i'm not exactly sure how to reply to this... i find it odd that your assumption is that i must not know what i'm talking about.... just curious, how old are you?

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have your clowns spawned yet?
From your video, your fish obviously are not mature female. Mature female clownfish have huge stomach, full of eggs, all the time. Your fish are either too young, or have too poor nutrition to develope and mature to female. I guess you can take a female then starve them they may loose that stomach. I don't know because I never have that experience.

How old am I? I have been raising baby fish, but not clown fish, since late 60's and early 70's

Here are some of my baby clown fish

attachment.php

attachment.php

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never claimed my clowns were mated. That said you're wrong about mine. I've been doing this my whole life as well. I'm unsure why someone who's been doing this as you could make such assumptions nor do I understand your belief concerning multiple clown pairs. If you're so confident as to claim multiple pairs in a tank can't be done... I question your experience for mine has taught me quite differently. I believe... No actually I know without a doubt that it can be done quite easily. I'm not sure why we're arguing, but its a waste of both our time. My advice stands. Best of luck to you and your clowns.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got three females and one male. No probs here....

This was what you wrote. All I said was that mature female clownfish will not tolerate another female clownfish in it's territory.
Be gone or be dead essentially. You don't have mature fish, just a bunch of juveniles and given wrong advices. Certaily we can keep Ocellaris, Percula and a few other species of clownfish in a harem. The most dominant two will keep the other from sexually mature.

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had other clowns in my life. You are wrong. Ill keep doing this if you'd like but I don't see the point. What you're saying, if I understand correctly, is that no more than two females can't be kept in the same aquarium. I have had to two mated pair (not currently) in the same 120g tank. If you'd like to say I'm wrong that's fine, but its not something we can debate.

Last edited:

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bucksfan.... bottom line, odds are you'll be just fine but there's a chance they might not be. Best of wishes!!

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked your age out of curiosity. I assumed you were either older or younger. It's been my experience that those who are older/younger think of things in terms of black or white while others see more gray. Salt water aquariums and their inhabitants...far more gray area.

This was what you wrote. All I said was that mature female clownfish will not tolerate another female clownfish in it's territory.
Be gone or be dead essentially. You don't have mature fish, just a bunch of juveniles and given wrong advices. Certaily we can keep Ocellaris, Percula and a few other species of clownfish in a harem. The most dominant two will keep the other from sexually mature.

OP
OP
bucksfan1976

bucksfan1976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks they are all fine I finally noticed the larger black one kinda playing in the sebae and the other larger one didn't bother her so 3 days and counting

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked your age out of curiosity. I assumed you were either older or younger. It's been my experience that those who are older/younger think of things in terms of black or white while others see more gray. Salt water aquariums and their inhabitants...far more gray area.
Whatever

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know quite well that you disagree with me on this issue. you are a black or white kinda guy also... clowns are clowns and rules apply to all their behavior. There's no room for conversation or disagreement. I get it.

In this case, I suggest that you do.

Trex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know quite well that you disagree with me on this issue. you are a black or white kinda guy also... clowns are clowns and rules apply to all their behavior. There's no room for conversation or disagreement. I get it.

I didn't say that, please do not put words in my mouth.

This is what I was going off of,

Ok guys it's getting a bit personal , lets agree to disagree

It was getting a bit personal.

Back