Ok folks what is it!!??!!

Here is what I found on orange algae in fresh water aquariums. Link. Look like it happens in fresh water and grows rapidly
 
Last edited:
Here is what I found on orange algae in fresh water aquariums. Link. Look like it happen in fresh water and grows rapidly

Wow you my friend might be onto something! [emoji848]
 
Well I know this.. the plan it's to nuke it! Lol

IMG_1483329057.044725.jpg
 
Not sure if it's worth the $$$ but send it out to be tested to see what it really is.
 
Wow you my friend might be onto something! [emoji848]

Since the is now salt in the system, you are basically running a fresh water system[emoji95]. The vinegar could be fuel for the algae. Was this aquarium a fresh water system before you got it? Could be residual. In one of the articles in the link I posted, it says it will pass
 
So this was a used tank that was cleaned out, you set it up with the old plumbing and ran it with water/vinegar.

My first guess would be buildup in the used plumbing dissolving/disintegrating into the system. Buildup could be a combination of mineral and biological - sponge/bacteria/cruft.

People find huge amounts of scary stuff in old reef plumbing. I bet your vinegar released whatever was in the pipes.
 
Not sure if it's worth the $$$ but send it out to be tested to see what it really is.

Actually I think I'm going to save a sample and I will have someone look at it [emoji12][emoji12]
 
Since the is now salt in the system, you are basically running a fresh water system[emoji95]. The vinegar could be fuel for the algae. Was this aquarium a fresh water system before you got it? Could be residual. In one of the articles in the link I posted, it says it will pass

It was a saltwater system before.
 
So this was a used tank that was cleaned out, you set it up with the old plumbing and ran it with water/vinegar.

My first guess would be buildup in the used plumbing dissolving/disintegrating into the system. Buildup could be a combination of mineral and biological - sponge/bacteria/cruft.

People find huge amounts of scary stuff in old reef plumbing. I bet your vinegar released whatever was in the pipes.

All new plumbing. [emoji20]
 
IMG_1762.GIF
Left the tank running with about 1/3 cup of bleach running in the system. I will do follow up flushing etc... not taking any chances of it going haywire on me
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new