Ok so I'm excited here

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forever and a day I have wanted to have clownfish in my tank but have stayed away because of their propensity for disease even with QT although tank bred are much better then wild. I've dealt with brook early on and never want that experience again.

3 years into my tank and my LFS just got a mated pair of percs from a tank tear down. These fish have been together fine for 5 years and were in a private tank at my LFS separate from the main displays. I couldn't resist and pulled the trigger and now they are my favorite couple in the tank, Fred and Ethel. I've always wanted clowns to complete my reef display.

20240412_143549.jpg

Last edited:

Baby Damsel 219

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my clowns did the same thing on their first week. Captive breed clowns are pretty dumb so it will be hard for them to host. The ones in the wild have natural instinct to go to a host.

OP
OP
Lavey29

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my clowns did the same thing on their first week. Captive breed clowns are pretty dumb so it will be hard for them to host. The ones in the wild have natural instinct to go to a host.
I didn't consider that but makes sense. I don't know if these are captive or wild since the previous owner had them in his tank for 5 years.

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forever and a day I have wanted to have clownfish in my tank but have stayed away because of their propensity for disease even with QT although tank bred are much better then wild. I've dealt with brook early on and never want that experience again.

3 years into my tank and my LFS just got a mated pair of percs from a tank tear down. These fish have been together fine for 5 years and were in a private tank at my LFS separate from the main displays. I couldn't resist and pulled the trigger and now they are my favorite couple in the tank, Fred and Ethel. I've always wanted clowns to complete my reef display.

20240412_143549.jpg
Aww congrats! I love the names

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, the female is scoping out a low cave for a home but I hope maybe a torch will host them.
It took a year and a half but mine are hosted by my duncan. It was right below the return nozzle that hosted them prior.
29B18FA1-BF86-416D-870A-F7F0FD95C61F.jpeg

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was almost pulling the trigger on some duncans too. I'm hoping my torches will host them.
Good chance they will, I think it was just that the duncan was the closest lps. My torches, frogspawn and hammers were on the other side of the tank.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back