ok trident question and low reagents

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i let my trident get to 5% on my reagent c, I assumed it was still ok I mean 5% liquid is not empty or 0, so I finally did replace all three, because I did not want it to get to 0 and did not know if it would reach a 0 % remaining status.
I do not pay much attention to my trident tests after changing, because I have come to trust them. shortly after replacing all reagents a few days ago I see that my ca is reading at 830 today, so I broke out the red sea and salifert kits and both tested at 500ish, I read here that someone claims this is a known problem with the trident but i can not find more detail on this, does anyone have a clue, I am presently running a recalibration and will revisit tomorrow after the trident has had a while to run tests after calibrating. im confused
This is a known issue with the trident, normally it happens when the reagent gets low and the needle comes up and starts getting a little bit of air

This is a known issue with the trident, normally it happens when the reagent gets low and the needle comes up and starts getting a little bit of air

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recommend double-checking that the reagent tube(s) didn't get pinched between the bottles and the Trident case side wall, and also unscrew the cap on the reagent to verify the metal tube did not detach from the tube fitting inside the cap.

Oscar47f

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never trust your trident alone... it’s a fantastic machine if you keep it calibrated and it does become uncalibrated easily... a simple Hanna checker test or titration test and you can manually calibrate it I would do it at least 2 times a month and always recalibrate after switching reagents... if I did all that then I would trust it... also check your trident calibration with other test kits like I mentioned and you have the option to enter the values manually I know it defeats the purpose but I’d rather manually test every 2 weeks or monthly than every week lol

vic5hands

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not care what anyone says. When I replace reagent I pour some of the old bottle into the new to insure when its says the level is low or empty its really not it gives me a cushion . Please do say your not suppose to do that , but all I can actually tell you it does work.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back