Ok we're on the new refresh look and there's a lot of stuff to fix! List them!

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When using the app now, when looking at forums. If someone has quoted a post it now displays the quote, not the new reply. Not sure if this was intended.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LOL I will have to see how it all pans out ,, right now I am not seeing the need for this new look ,, you had something that worked ,, everything was right there in front of me ,, user friendly ,, why mess up a good thing ,, seems ,, at least right now to me ,, everything is not right there in front of me ,, I have to go looking for things ,, I was just kidding about the Reef Central statement :) that will never happen ,,

Why did we do this? Because we had too. The software we were on was at the "end of life." Meaning it was no longer supported and would eventually be easily hacked or hijacked. We had too. :)

Seawitch

Water, water everywhere,
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this format well and it's good. Gonna take me a while to get used to it again. Everything looks great. I've been gone for a week and was surprised to see the new format.

Always something kind to say. Well said, Captain. Me, I think I'll go out in the street and get run over.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why did we do this? Because we had too. The software we were on was at the "end of life." Meaning it was no longer supported and would eventually be easily hacked or hijacked. We had too. :)

Don't go ruining the complainers fun with facts. We all know you built the best reefing forum in the world just so you could change it and make them mad! :p

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Always something kind to say. Well said, Captain. Me, I think I'll go out in the street and get run over.

Going to get you squared away!! We still have all your drafts!

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not complaining because I absolutely love this site.

Is it possible to put "SIZZLING SUMMER SALES" below "LATEST POSTS"? Hate scrolling through the ads to get to everyone's posts.

That is why I paid to become a R2R Supporter. Trying to avoid the ads. When I buy things I search for them on here.
Those arent random ads though, they are forum sponsors that also help keep this site running and relevant. It's also just temporary.

BGrand

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those arent random ads though, they are forum sponsors that also help keep this site running and relevant. It's also just temporary.

I understand needing to keep the lights on and finding a way to pay for it but doesn't mean I want to scroll through them to get to the section that we are all on here for. They could just as easily be right below the Latest Posts.

Not trying to be rude but trying to understand your rational. Under the same thought you mention, does that mean R2R paying members posts should be above non-paying members? I don't think they should. I think that the consumer should have access to the product without having to scroll through ads.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My rationale is that its nbd. If R2R wanted to promote threads made by paying members over visitors, I would completely understand.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worth noting, there are some restrictions such as being unable to post vendor feedback until you hit 100 posts. Is this outrageous? Not at all.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand needing to keep the lights on and finding a way to pay for it but doesn't mean I want to scroll through them to get to the section that we are all on here for. They could just as easily be right below the Latest Posts.

Not trying to be rude but trying to understand your rational. Under the same thought you mention, does that mean R2R paying members posts should be above non-paying members? I don't think they should. I think that the consumer should have access to the product without having to scroll through ads.
This is not a permanent thing so I don’t think it’s something to be worried about. Also it was in the same place before the update nothing new.

bckey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of like the old look better. I get it that the software was old and needed updated. Just merely talking about the look. I will get used to it.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Everything today has been working well
THIS! I needed this! Thanks for believing!

I'm on a couple forums - not aquarium related - all have moved to the new software - and like everything else - some people don't like it - most people find it much nicer once they are used to it. I think you're doing a great job. Im surprised that you guys are able to fix as much as you have as quickly as you have. The other little things left vs right etc - people are still going to have their own preferences. IMO- go with what you think looks/works best *unless there is a tidal wave against it:). Your intuition with the site seems to have worked well so far (pre and post update)

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Everything today has been working well

I'm on a couple forums - not aquarium related - all have moved to the new software - and like everything else - some people don't like it - most people find it much nicer once they are used to it. I think you're doing a great job. Im surprised that you guys are able to fix as much as you have as quickly as you have. The other little things left vs right etc - people are still going to have their own preferences. IMO- go with what you think looks/works best *unless there is a tidal wave against it:). Your intuition with the site seems to have worked well so far (pre and post update)

Thank you for that insight!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys and gal did someone say.....REEF2REEF DARK MODE? Yep it's coming but working out the bugs on this first but the dark style is in the works. Like quick!

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone may have posted this.
When clicking on the bell for alerts sliding over & clicking the Top ALERTS doesn't open all the alerts anymore you have to go to the bottom & click Show ALL.
Hope this makes sense. lol

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back