Ok we're on the new refresh look and there's a lot of stuff to fix! List them!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Down Scroll Arrow...in the lower right corner. I use(d) that all the time to scroll automatically down to the last post. With that missing it's driving me crazy... Only the up arrow is there now...

'Curious I see the arrow (up) - but not when at the very bottom of the page. only after moving it up a bit with my screen (my browser I fcan use the track pad and move the page - I didn't even know the little grey arrow was there)

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One way to differentiate is the color of their screen name. Staff have red names, and best I can tell, supports have that yellow/orange screen name. Maybe a color for Reef Squad / Leaders?

I would imagine that colors, etc are one of the last things to be tinkered with - I like the banners - The one thing kind of related to this - is more consistency in color. Like - the Reply button is orange, the Post Button is black the like button is blue the preview button is the same blue. The way I learned it is the colors should quickly allow the user to find the task he is trying to do visually without having to read it. Eventually you get used to seeing the big black post reply' but if it was the same color as the 'reply button' on the first page (orange) it would be easier. etc.etc.

Im only mentioning this becasue of the discussion of the badges. Red - for example - usually is more an alert color - so its used forTeam R2R (what is that?) but also Reef Tank 365 and secret Santa. To me - and this is just an opinion:).. Red should be something really important like reef squad leader - or owner/administrator, etc. And other lesser colors different things. Another example build thread contributor and r2r excellence award are the same light blue...

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
New Issue (I think). If you click (accidentally in my case lol) - the Preview button - great - it shows you what it will look like - but - I cant figure out how to then (lets say a mistake was found) - how to edit the post (i.e. it previews - but you cant edit the preview? - and I cant see how to get back to the 'writing post' mode. The only way to get around it was to hit post reply - and then edit it again and resave

Robert_S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Issue (I think). If you click (accidentally in my case lol) - the Preview button - great - it shows you what it will look like - but - I cant figure out how to then (lets say a mistake was found) - how to edit the post (i.e. it previews - but you cant edit the preview? - and I cant see how to get back to the 'writing post' mode. The only way to get around it was to hit post reply - and then edit it again and resave
hmmm... the edit box is above your preview text.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hmmm... the edit box is above your preview text.

Not on my browser... Thats a picture of the 'Preview View'. There is no edit button - that I can see? . (and you cant alter the text below the blue 'Preview'

Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 11.32.53 AM.png

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not on my browser... Thats a picture of the 'Preview View'. There is no edit button.

Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 11.32.53 AM.png

You should be able to type in the circled box/area...no need to hit the edit button.

I'm in preview mode and typing in this box, editing before I hit reply.

1563561440765.png

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You don’t have to hit an edit button. Just go up into the box under all the tools and start editing.

If you want to add or take away text it does not let you (i.e. you cant add another sentence).

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You should be able to type in the circled box/area...no need to hit the edit button.

I'm in preview mode and typing in this box, editing before I hit reply.

1563561440765.png
OH ok - You are absolutely correct - thanks a lot!!

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a photo to my build thread and it looks fine on a pc, but on the mobile app the picture is showing up twice. Something with the new site or user error? That never happened to me on the old site.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Never new you could click on the reef squad before:)... It seems to be working. Now about that Post reply.... JK

What’s the issue with it?

burningstarIV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
On mobile Android and every thread I click on is really slow to load. Like, click on a thread and it takes about 30 seconds (or at least feels like it) to load on my WiFi.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the issue with it?

b02600eee432e87b778c901f9b1ceef5.jpg

After update if using the app you see the quoted post, not the reply its a little out of context. Before it just said [quote/] then the reply. Used your post as the example since you would know thats not what you typed [emoji23]

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back