Old Aquatic Life light fixture

Manny’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 27, 2020
Messages
3,072
Reaction score
8,842
Location
West Jordan
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi all. Do any of you know anything about or have any experience with the Aquatic LIfe XS UV Reef LED Fixture? Specifically, I have 3 of the 14" XS UV x 25 LED 91W Item # 420309. I purchased a used 300 gallon setup and it came with 3 of these units. I can seem to find real world long term reviews on these guys. I'm after whether or not people had success with these lights and whether I can have success with them, contingent upon good husbandry. If I can avoid buying new lights right now then I will absolutely avoid doing so. But if these lights wont suffice because they were built before we had the appropriate LED knowledge to grow coral, then I won't even run them. Thanks in advance.
 
I ran 2 14” and 2 36” on my tanks for a couple of years. I liked the lights and they do work well, plenty of power. I still have them tucked away in a closet. I upgraded my lights as I prefer Apple and you have to use windows to program them. I don’t know if Aquatic Life still supports the program for the lights, you can check with them, they have good customer service.
 
I ran 2 14” and 2 36” on my tanks for a couple of years. I liked the lights and they do work well, plenty of power. I still have them tucked away in a closet. I upgraded my lights as I prefer Apple and you have to use windows to program them. I don’t know if Aquatic Life still supports the program for the lights, you can check with them, they have good customer service.
Thank you for your input.
 
Well I managed to find the software online. I'll get these setup and then rent a par meter from BRS to see what they are capable of.
 
I ran 2 14” and 2 36” on my tanks for a couple of years. I liked the lights and they do work well, plenty of power. I still have them tucked away in a closet. I upgraded my lights as I prefer Apple and you have to use windows to program them. I don’t know if Aquatic Life still supports the program for the lights, you can check with them, they have good customer service.
Where did you find the software can’t seem to find it?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new