Old black label EB8 power strip use?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got an EB8 power strip without the other components to my old apex lite set up. Somehow those are missing during a home renovation. I have the black labeled EB8 power strip. Outlets 3, 4 and 5 are constant on and power on when I plug my phone charger into it. The others are off. I'm sure there needs to be firmware updated to get the switches to be on. I was probably going to list it up for sale if anybody can get use of it. There isn't any way that I can update firmware just from the aquabus cable to my computer by chance to make sure all outlets power on?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DO NOT plug the AquaBus cable into your computer. AquaBus sends 12v of electricity through the cable, but your computer’s USB port only expects 5v. You could fry your computer.

The EB8 outputs are just using the Fallback settings from when it was last connected to an Apex. Firmware updates won’t change the Fallback settings. It needs to be connected to an Apex for reprogramming.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 154 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back