Old fart with a fish tank!

OPtasia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, yeah. My Wife and I have been in and out and in the hobby for decades. I've lurked here for a while and just never committed to signing up. Until now. God help you people.

We met online on an aquarium website she used to own. It had a forum not unlike this one. Fish are our thing. True story.

Well, between us, we've had as many as thirty or so tanks going all at once. Right now, we're down to three tanks: A Biocube 32 mixed reef, a 90 gallon frag tank (current build project) and our youngest Daughter has a 40 gallon sailfin molly and pond snail tank.

I've forgotten more about fish than most people will ever know. My Wife says it's the Alzheimers but I forget why she says that. I'm not boasting, i'm just having to re-learn new practice and theory about the hobby every decade or so. You kids and your chaeto fuges and LED's. Back in my day, we had 400 watt metal halides as hot as the sun and we liked it!!!

Anyway, hi. :)

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
E9EHO5l.gif
#WelcometoR2R
It's very cool that you met someone who loves the hobby as much as you do. I have to do all I can to get my wife to even glance at my tank lol

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, yeah. My Wife and I have been in and out and in the hobby for decades. I've lurked here for a while and just never committed to signing up. Until now. God help you people.

We met online on an aquarium website she used to own. It had a forum not unlike this one. Fish are our thing. True story.

Well, between us, we've had as many as thirty or so tanks going all at once. Right now, we're down to three tanks: A Biocube 32 mixed reef, a 90 gallon frag tank (current build project) and our youngest Daughter has a 40 gallon sailfin molly and pond snail tank.

I've forgotten more about fish than most people will ever know. My Wife says it's the Alzheimers but I forget why she says that. I'm not boasting, i'm just having to re-learn new practice and theory about the hobby every decade or so. You kids and your chaeto fuges and LED's. Back in my day, we had 400 watt metal halides as hot as the sun and we liked it!!!

Anyway, hi. :)

Greetings OPtasia and Mrs. OPtasia. I had to 'reply' instead of a regular comment because I'm old as dirt and wouldn't remember what you had written without reference.

Good old 400w moguls were the days.

Seriously I'm glad Y'all joined up and are active. I too have done the game of many tanks at once but can't do as I once could as I was serious about the old thingy comment. ;)

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and your new reefing community. So glad you decided to sign up and I look forward to you sharing your experiences with us. Well, at least those that you remember...wink, wink.

Back