Old fart with a fish tank!

  • Thread starter Thread starter OPtasia
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

OPtasia

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 21, 2018
Messages
35
Reaction score
143
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, yeah. My Wife and I have been in and out and in the hobby for decades. I've lurked here for a while and just never committed to signing up. Until now. God help you people.

We met online on an aquarium website she used to own. It had a forum not unlike this one. Fish are our thing. True story.

Well, between us, we've had as many as thirty or so tanks going all at once. Right now, we're down to three tanks: A Biocube 32 mixed reef, a 90 gallon frag tank (current build project) and our youngest Daughter has a 40 gallon sailfin molly and pond snail tank.

I've forgotten more about fish than most people will ever know. My Wife says it's the Alzheimers but I forget why she says that. I'm not boasting, i'm just having to re-learn new practice and theory about the hobby every decade or so. You kids and your chaeto fuges and LED's. Back in my day, we had 400 watt metal halides as hot as the sun and we liked it!!!

Anyway, hi. :)
 
Welcome to R2R!
E9EHO5l.gif
#WelcometoR2R
It's very cool that you met someone who loves the hobby as much as you do. I have to do all I can to get my wife to even glance at my tank lol
 
So, yeah. My Wife and I have been in and out and in the hobby for decades. I've lurked here for a while and just never committed to signing up. Until now. God help you people.

We met online on an aquarium website she used to own. It had a forum not unlike this one. Fish are our thing. True story.

Well, between us, we've had as many as thirty or so tanks going all at once. Right now, we're down to three tanks: A Biocube 32 mixed reef, a 90 gallon frag tank (current build project) and our youngest Daughter has a 40 gallon sailfin molly and pond snail tank.

I've forgotten more about fish than most people will ever know. My Wife says it's the Alzheimers but I forget why she says that. I'm not boasting, i'm just having to re-learn new practice and theory about the hobby every decade or so. You kids and your chaeto fuges and LED's. Back in my day, we had 400 watt metal halides as hot as the sun and we liked it!!!

Anyway, hi. :)

Greetings OPtasia and Mrs. OPtasia. I had to 'reply' instead of a regular comment because I'm old as dirt and wouldn't remember what you had written without reference.

Good old 400w moguls were the days.

Seriously I'm glad Y'all joined up and are active. I too have done the game of many tanks at once but can't do as I once could as I was serious about the old thingy comment. ;)
 
Welcome to R2R and your new reefing community. So glad you decided to sign up and I look forward to you sharing your experiences with us. Well, at least those that you remember...wink, wink.
 
Hello, Hola, Shalom and Namaste [emoji120]

Welcome to R2R.

Let me say this:
Metal Halide... Huh What is this reefer talking about. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Welcome again Sir!!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new