Old Flatworm Stop?

Homewrecker

View Badges
Reaction score
I have an old bottle of flatworm stop that expires on 08/2020. I opened it and used maybe 1/4 of it 9 months ago. Do you guys think this will be OK to use again? I miss the colors I used to get when I would dose it and the bottle was $130 so I would hate to just chunk it.
Any insight?

Top Shelf Aquatics

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
When it comes to exit follow the directions. It sounds like you have used it before but I always do the full dose first and then a week later 50% more then a full dose to really knock them out. My two cents. And yes.. the stuff is still good.

OP
Homewrecker

Homewrecker

View Badges
Reaction score
When it comes to exit follow the directions. It sounds like you have used it before but I always do the full dose first and then a week later 50% more then a full dose to really knock them out. My two cents. And yes.. the stuff is still good.
I don’t have flatworms, I just really enjoy the increase in coloration that I just can’t get without it. I also keep up water changes to make sure whatever it is, it isn’t accumulating too much

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
I have an old bottle of flatworm stop that expires on 08/2020. I opened it and used maybe 1/4 of it 9 months ago. Do you guys think this will be OK to use again? I miss the colors I used to get when I would dose it and the bottle was $130 so I would hate to just chunk it.
Any insight?
If its not a bacteria source like zeobak and zeostart3 its ok to dose even pass the expiration date but not too long.

OP
Homewrecker

Homewrecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Well poo. I did not read carefully enough! Lol. Sorry.
No worries, thanks for responding!

If its not a bacteria source like zeobak and zeostart3 its ok to dose even pass the expiration date but not too long.
I'm gonna start on it and if I like it I'll pony up another $130 for a fresh bottle. I just put it on a doser so I'm excited to see any changes

Chaswood79

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
No worries, thanks for responding!

I'm gonna start on it and if I like it I'll pony up another $130 for a fresh bottle. I just put it on a doser so I'm excited to see any changes
Hmm
Never even thought to look at my bottle for an exp date

Mega Meltdown After Sale

Coral in your reef tank?

• Pack in as many as I can get

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • A lot but leave room for growth

Votes: 38 70.4%
  • Less is more

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Very very few

Votes: 6 11.1%