Old Flatworm Stop?

Homewrecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an old bottle of flatworm stop that expires on 08/2020. I opened it and used maybe 1/4 of it 9 months ago. Do you guys think this will be OK to use again? I miss the colors I used to get when I would dose it and the bottle was $130 so I would hate to just chunk it.
Any insight?

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it comes to exit follow the directions. It sounds like you have used it before but I always do the full dose first and then a week later 50% more then a full dose to really knock them out. My two cents. And yes.. the stuff is still good.

OP
OP
Homewrecker

Homewrecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it comes to exit follow the directions. It sounds like you have used it before but I always do the full dose first and then a week later 50% more then a full dose to really knock them out. My two cents. And yes.. the stuff is still good.
I don’t have flatworms, I just really enjoy the increase in coloration that I just can’t get without it. I also keep up water changes to make sure whatever it is, it isn’t accumulating too much

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have an old bottle of flatworm stop that expires on 08/2020. I opened it and used maybe 1/4 of it 9 months ago. Do you guys think this will be OK to use again? I miss the colors I used to get when I would dose it and the bottle was $130 so I would hate to just chunk it.
Any insight?
If its not a bacteria source like zeobak and zeostart3 its ok to dose even pass the expiration date but not too long.

OP
OP
Homewrecker

Homewrecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well poo. I did not read carefully enough! Lol. Sorry.
No worries, thanks for responding!

If its not a bacteria source like zeobak and zeostart3 its ok to dose even pass the expiration date but not too long.
I'm gonna start on it and if I like it I'll pony up another $130 for a fresh bottle. I just put it on a doser so I'm excited to see any changes

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries, thanks for responding!

I'm gonna start on it and if I like it I'll pony up another $130 for a fresh bottle. I just put it on a doser so I'm excited to see any changes
Hmm
Never even thought to look at my bottle for an exp date

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 146 88.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back