Old reefer coming back

firedad74

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 8, 2023
Messages
16
Reaction score
48
Location
Vine Grove
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! I was heavy into saltwater and reefs in particular in the early 2000's and once kiddos came along....well....you know. They're grown now :grinning-face:

Anyway, all my systems were larger back then and had a nice side business selling frags and even setup a few systems for people. I had always wanted a smaller nano-style tank so that's what I'm starting back with, BioCube 32g is being set up today. I plan on a mostly reef tank with lots of inverts and likely 2-3 fish (wife requirement).

I've forgotten most of everything over the past 20 years and am sure the technology and methods have greatly evolved. I already see LEDs have finally become viable over the old metal halides (thankfully!). No more giant powerheads hanging in all corners to get flow.

I look forward to learning from everyone in a hobby that dearly loved and missed.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Welcome.gif
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new