Old reefer from Ohio---I'm back

old salt reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 4, 2019
Messages
1,524
Reaction score
1,641
Location
Brookpark,OH
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my first Saltwater fish(dwarf seahorses) 51 years ago when I was 8 yrs. old. By 9 yrs. old I had my 1st Clown fish. Left saltwater in my forties. Back then Medal Halide was about the only thing that let you keep coral. Well for my 59th birthday I bought a 20 gallon nano.
Now 2 months and a $1000.00 latter I got a pair of Clown fish and quite a few different Zoanthids(My first frag of 7 polyp fire and ice is already 12 polyps) a Duncan, two blue leg hermit crabs and a Strawberry conch. It's great to be back. Here a few pictures:
DSC02515.JPG
DSC02517.JPG
DSC02518.JPG DSC02519.JPG DSC02520.JPG
 
Welcome to R2R!!! We’re glad you’re here!
 
Got my first Saltwater fish(dwarf seahorses) 51 years ago when I was 8 yrs. old. By 9 yrs. old I had my 1st Clown fish. Left saltwater in my forties. Back then Medal Halide was about the only thing that let you keep coral. Well for my 59th birthday I bought a 20 gallon nano.
Now 2 months and a $1000.00 latter I got a pair of Clown fish and quite a few different Zoanthids(My first frag of 7 polyp fire and ice is already 12 polyps) a Duncan, two blue leg hermit crabs and a Strawberry conch. It's great to be back. Here a few pictures:
DSC02515.JPG
DSC02517.JPG
DSC02518.JPG DSC02519.JPG DSC02520.JPG
Welcome! Whereabouts in Ohio?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new