Older Ecotech Vortech MP40w stopped working

asmodyus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the other day I went to move the pump and unplugged the power cord. Went to plug it back in and the motor was not spinning and the controller light tunr red than white I belive. I unplugged the controller plugged it back in and the light is now a solid blue-white light nothing I tried the hold down the mode and set and it never flashes or does anything just sits there with the blueish solid white light.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unplug the unit for a couple minutes, make sure the dry side and wetside are properly aligned and then plug it back in. Sounds like a pump misalignment.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red/white is a pump disconnect error. Does the motor spin without a wetside attached? How old is it? Did the controller or motor get wet?

OP
OP
asmodyus

asmodyus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unplug the unit for a couple minutes, make sure the dry side and wetside are properly aligned and then plug it back in. Sounds like a pump misalignment.
Tried That
Red/white is a pump disconnect error. Does the motor spin without a wetside attached? How old is it? Did the controller or motor get wet?
Use too does not now

You also might want to consider a reset.
treid the reset option holding mode and set nothing happens light does not change from the blueish white does not eve flsh red anymore did the very first time it stopped working and now its just a consnet white.

Last edited:

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'm at a loss??? I'll link the experience I had with my very old Vortechs that ended up needing to replace the controller portion. Maybe something there will help.

Ecotech Vortech Controller Malfunction

OP
OP
asmodyus

asmodyus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'm at a loss??? I'll link the experience I had with my very old Vortechs that ended up needing to replace the controller portion. Maybe something there will help.

Ecotech Vortech Controller Malfunction
So I believe its the controller finally was able to get the wetside spinning lights were flashing purple/blue white and so on tried soft and hard reset, then repowered it and watched the controller die. The light shutter off and now nothing, so I think I need a new controller and I guess I need to buy the whole kit and RF since its a Gen1/2 controller hopefully I can find one used not sure which one I need to get.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back