On Line Fish Orders and Shipping Night Mares

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been ordering fish on line for many years. It is funny or sad however you want to look at it. Sometimes I receive a fish and everything is perfect, gets here before 10:30, Temp is perfect, Bag is fully inflatable. And yet the fish doesn’t make it. Yesterday’s Imperator was somehow a miracle. Came in late due to the truck breaking down, obviously thrown from one truck to another. At the time of delivery it was 85 degrees here in San Antonio, already 80 at lunch. Leaking with the bag only half full due to a hole. Fish laying on its side in the bag, and smelled bad from ammonia. And yet after acclimation it was swimming around and actually ate last night in its temporary home.
Its home for the next 5 weeks will be a 100 gallon Rubbermaid tub with 70 pounds of seasoned live rock, two foam filters, power head, and two heaters before adding to my 310.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lucky...wonder if that hole appeared later in the shipping cycle. I know we rely on low pH from CO2 buildup to keep ammonia from exceeding toxic levels. Very lucky. Hope there's no long term damage. Good luck.

OP
OP
alton

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It had to be since the hole was on the bottom of the bag. And the fish was tripled wrapped so each bag had a hole

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been ordering fish on line for many years. It is funny or sad however you want to look at it. Sometimes I receive a fish and everything is perfect, gets here before 10:30, Temp is perfect, Bag is fully inflatable. And yet the fish doesn’t make it. Yesterday’s Imperator was somehow a miracle. Came in late due to the truck breaking down, obviously thrown from one truck to another. At the time of delivery it was 85 degrees here in San Antonio, already 80 at lunch. Leaking with the bag only half full due to a hole. Fish laying on its side in the bag, and smelled bad from ammonia. And yet after acclimation it was swimming around and actually ate last night in its temporary home.
Its home for the next 5 weeks will be a 100 gallon Rubbermaid tub with 70 pounds of seasoned live rock, two foam filters, power head, and two heaters before adding to my 310.
Hope he will do just fine

OP
OP
alton

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As much heck as we give the UPS and Fedex Drivers, some have a heart. The driver came back today to deliver another package and asked our receptionist if the fish made it and was doing okay?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back