Onboarding Thread - Here's some pictures

EastonsReef

Reef Madness!
View Badges
Joined
Apr 8, 2025
Messages
305
Reaction score
492
Location
Tupelo, MS
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an onboarding task for a thread here so here we are. Just showing off my tank 4 months in
IMG_3746.jpg
IMG_3735.jpg
 
Looks like you're off to a good start!
Fingers crossed but really haven't had any issues. I'm dealing with some parameter funkiness but (almost) everything is happy. I don't want to chase numbers but alk is dropping into mid-low 6s so I can't really ignore that.
 
My experience has been that nitrates and phosphates will wander around a bit for the first year. As long as they are reasonable, don't worry about them.

Alk, on the other hand, is something I would dose to correct.
Agreed. I picked up a doser this week and I'm currently measuring my calcium and Alk consumption.
 
Your tank looks great! love all the zoas in there
 
Your tank looks great! love all the zoas in there
zoa gang gang.

I love them. It's hurting me that I'm running out of space, I can see myself losing sandbed space to rock in the future just so I have more space for them. 🤪

There's actually an utter chaos head on the frag with the hammer hidden in the back. It's still tiny so doesn't get to be in pictures yet.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new