One Acro to rule them all?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Science/G
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
You have enough light already. Metal halides are great if you use a chiller( produce ample heat)
Turn up your intensity on your radions by 10% until you achieve whatever par you want.
Also mwtal halide don't really push a lot of par. I have used them in the past and thier strength is in the coverage of light not so much the high par. 300 to 400 par is what I used to get out of them.
What tenius need is a good flow. Light is not as important as you might think.
Flow and chemistry come first
I have two 18w gyres, two nero3, two return nozzles (using vectra at 60%) and one jebao. Add more flow?
 
I have two 18w gyres, two nero3, two return nozzles (using vectra at 60%) and one jebao. Add more flow?
You have a ton of beautiful SPS and LPS, and I agree you have enough light. What are you actually trying to achieve? A little more color and PE with your SPS?
 
You have a ton of beautiful SPS and LPS, and I agree you have enough light. What are you actually trying to achieve? A little more color and PE with your SPS?

I already cracked PE with flow. So it's just color at this point. Want to see the textbook colors on some of the expensive acro frags (WD, POTO frags, HWs). Or growth on the supposedly easy ones too. I just send my ICP so just waiting for the results to see where the trace is at.
 
I already cracked PE with flow. So it's just color at this point. Want to see the textbook colors on some of the expensive acro frags (WD, POTO frags, HWs). Or growth on the supposedly easy ones too. I just send my ICP so just waiting for the results to see where the trace is at.
That's why with my mixed reef I'm stepping down a level and looking for some beautiful Acropora that I can actually color up without increasing to par levels that will stress out my LPS.
 
That's why with my mixed reef I'm stepping down a level and looking for some beautiful Acropora that I can actually color up without increasing to par levels that will stress out my LPS.

I got enough shade at the bottom for the LPS. Plus the torches can handle PAR so I'm not worried about them.
 
What else would you suggest I add?
I got really good PE once I added gyres at the top of the tank. You can get the cheap hygger or Jebao ones at Amazon and try it out for a couple of weeks and if you don't get the results you're looking for, just return it.
 
I got really good PE once I added gyres at the top of the tank. You can get the cheap hygger or Jebao ones at Amazon and try it out for a couple of weeks and if you don't get the results you're looking for, just return it.
That’s a good idea let me look into it , which model for jebao?
 
I got really good PE once I added gyres at the top of the tank. You can get the cheap hygger or Jebao ones at Amazon and try it out for a couple of weeks and if you don't get the results you're looking for, just return it.
That’s a good idea let me look into it , which model for jebao?
Get the Jebao SCP 180. Seems like it’s large enough and you can turn it down as needed to get your flow requirements.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new