One clown is hosting nem, other is not?

Brandon103095

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, bit of a background story here, I got a tank from a friend who was getting out of the hobby about 2 months ago, it had one clown, a tang, and thats it. A couple weeks later i introduced a new clown. It was ALOT smaller and there was some aggression for 24 hours but since then absolutely no issues. Flash forward to 2 weeks ago i got a sebae anemone and the older clown went pretty much straight to it and it loves it, however the smaller clown will not host in it. Could this mean the clowns are not paired and just tolerate eachother in the tank? Any input is greatly appreciated!

tank of gems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coukd be a few things. Older clown os territorial with the nem and wont let him in. New clown may not host in a nem. But give him some time and see what happens. Not all clown with host in a nem. I have a snowflake that hose in my colony of gold hammers

OP
OP
B

Brandon103095

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coukd be a few things. Older clown os territorial with the nem and wont let him in. New clown may not host in a nem. But give him some time and see what happens. Not all clown with host in a nem. I have a snowflake that hose in my colony of gold hammers

They are both regular oscellaris clownfish, hopefully they can learn to share! haha. If not, theres a BTA that i wouldnt mind the small clown hosting if he ever feels like changing his mind. (i know that its not common for that to happen though)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back