OP
OP
onetootreefor

onetootreefor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you're super in love with those maroon clowns, I'd recommend pulling now before it's too late. Meanest fish you'll ever come across, and will make it difficult to add anything new ever again. Tank looks awesome! I'm seriously thinking of this or the 170 from my 90g that's too full.

It’s such a great tank! I love it so far!

I’ve had the maroon clowns for a year or 2 in one of my older tanks and they are actually one of the most pleasant members of the new tank right now.

I’ve added some blue/green chromis, melanurus wrasse, and Moyeri wrasse and so far the tank bully is the exquisite fairy wrasse. I’m thinking of adding a tang or two in the next month when my birthday rolls around.

blstravler

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tank looks awesome - I'm currently deciding on the same tank - would you mid posting a full tank shot and sump?

How difficult was it to get the stand level? there are sooo many adjustable feet...

Cheers - K

Scott Bice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks awesome - I'm currently deciding on the same tank - would you mid posting a full tank shot and sump?

How difficult was it to get the stand level? there are sooo many adjustable feet...

Cheers - K
I'm setting up a 100.3. The sump kinda sucks. With the water flow that blasts through the filter socks is super noisy. The stand does have a crazy amount of feet and u can't get to half of them. I set it up so everything was even the just did the final adjusting with the perimeter feet cuz that's the only ones that I could get to. Don't get me wrong. I'm stocked to have this tank I think its going to turn out amazing but it for sure could use some refining. I ended up cutting out the hole filter system to add this.
IMG_20190502_144906.jpeg

blstravler

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I never thought about not being able to get access to the center feet to adjust them you really only have access to feet on the perimeter so did you have to make sure those were good before putting the tank top I suppose?

steelwrap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 100.3 runs silent when the doors are closed. As far as leveling I built the "frame" or bottom then set it in place and leveled it when i put the side panels on i did very little fine tuning

Scott Bice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tired to level it the best I could with just the base. Built everything up and placed the tank on there. Started adding water then I would adjust the perimeter feat as the rodi water was trickling in and rechecking everything with a 4-ft level constantly. it took me a minute I had one quarter that was pretty low the water kept poddling up but I'm very happy with where it's at

OP
OP
onetootreefor

onetootreefor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to provide an update to this build. It's been a few months and I am FINALLY moving the contents of my old tank into my new tank, very slowly.

I started to see some Coraline all over the sump, and got my first piece of Coraline on the glass in the DT, so I started transferring just a few acros at a time. Right now I have a frag of strawberry lemonade, TSA Schnozzberry, and Forrest Fire Digi in there.

I also added a "zoa Island" even though I was going to do an all SPS tank I figured I could have 1 rock for zoas. On there I have a frag of Death Star, Pink Hippos, OG Rastas, and 2 frags I can't remember the name that I got from JoshPorkSandwhich.

I also added in 2x Gyre xf330 to the mix. I placed them on either side of the center overflow on the back wall. They are on Gyre mode push 30% pull 40%. This is in addition to my MP40s on either side of the tank.

My livestock is getting quite full too:
Powder Brown Tang
Foxface Rabbitfish
Redtooth (Niger) Trigger
Diamond Goby
Moyeri Wrasse
Melenarus Wrasse
Exquisite Fairy Wrasse
2x Gold Stripe Maroon Clowns
2x Blue/Green Chromis
Cleaner shrimp.

Thanks for following along all, I will be sure to update the thread as I start to add some more of my high end acros into the mix, and I will be sure to take some pictures!

ReeferPat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a beautiful tank. How many gallons? Looking to upgrade my 40-gallon AIO cube later this year to a 75-gallon (or so). I will definitely take inspiration from your aquascape.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back