Online Fish Stores

Zachary S.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, everyone!

I was just wondering what do you guys think is the best online fish stores? I live over 100 miles from any fish stores and gonna have to buy from online (although I hate having to buy fish from the internet and having to worry about them surviving). I’m getting clownfish and wondering where is the best place to find some with the lowest prices.

Also where do you guys get your corals? I’m gonna add some corals in the future and just wondering what you guys think the best stores are and where I can rely on some quality corals!

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with reef lover. If sponsors here weren't providing quality livestock, it wouldn't take long for members of the community to know. With that being said, one of the sponsors that appears to provide some of the best corals is Pacificeastaquaculture.com They get rave reviews here... and they sell limited fish--clownfish being one of them. I plan on making my initial livestock purchases from them--both corals and clownfish. It does help that they are within driving distance to me, not next door but close enough. I would also look at aqua locker for a great selection of fish. Another sponsor that I intend on doing business with in the future. gl

Moscar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first and last order from Pacific East was really a mess. Great customer service though.
Packed into one box that was cold inside when opened:
17 pounds of live sand/ filter sludge (really, really stinky); but it does has some worms, etc after I flushed it with 20+ gallons of saltwater to get out most the stink. Microbactor is helping polish it up to be tank ready.
1 DOA Skunk Clown
1 Skunk Clown that made it less than 24 hours. Fair and open: Purchase price of the Skunks was refunded.
2 Pea GSP: tossed them - one had 4 aptasia that I could easily see, the other had1 aptasia - too small to seal aptasia. $10 gone.
1 pea Xenia: nice!
1 WSIWIG Ball Sponge: nice!
1 WSYWIG Lime Toadstool: One aptasia on top of plug, few days later, one coming from the bottom. Burned and sealed. Now happy and nice!
1 Orange Gorgonian: really nice.
2 Mushrooms: meh. Tiny, much smaller than 1 inch.

Yes, I dipped and used 10x optivisor to inspect.
Everything is still in quarantine. Yes, Even the sand.

So, just be aware of what they can send out.
If you want to see pics and/ or emails, let me know.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As others have said there are many opinions on this topic. Vendors that you may want to consider are Pacific East Aquaculture, ORA fish from Live Aquaria, and Sustainable Aquatics. I have also had good luck purchasing fish from WWC's retail store, but have not experienced their fish shipping. Good luck!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back