OP
OP
DebraLV

DebraLV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might I reccomended looking into a used bio cube with led and stand. Check whatever local means you have. Swip swap....Craigslist. whatever. I know this is a budget deal but making this investment now, transfer what you have and sell what's unneeded this will save you money in the long run. A 29BC can be had for pretty cheap and are perfect for what your goals are. Just my 2c
Thanks so much, most appreciated. This tank is the Aqueon LED Ascent 10 gallon that Aqueon just came out with. It's nice viewing at all angles. This is all I could fit in my home office. https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petco...x1vliuN-iw8LZLKvpGIaAhc6EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

But I appreciate your advice!

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your rockscape plays a major role in how compatible a tank can be with multiple fish. Damsels especially are very territorial and will want to claim space for themselves. If they all got a spot they can hide and call their own it might be fine. They also might decide to kill each other. Understand that yellowtail are docile saltwater fish only due to their size. They are tiny compared to most of the much bigger fish that they would love to bully except a tang is like a whale compared to it. Personally, I try to stick to 1 small fish per 10 gallons of water.

OP
OP
DebraLV

DebraLV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your rockscape plays a major role in how compatible a tank can be with multiple fish. Damsels especially are very territorial and will want to claim space for themselves. If they all got a spot they can hide and call their own it might be fine. They also might decide to kill each other. Understand that yellowtail are docile saltwater fish only due to their size. They are tiny compared to most of the much bigger fish that they would love to bully except a tang is like a whale compared to it. Personally, I try to stick to 1 small fish per 10 gallons of water.
Thanks so much! I did read about that in a previous thread, so I put another Nano Arch in there so each of them can have a cave to call their own. I have learned so much on this forum :) It's life rock, so per the instructions, it's ok to go right in. This tank is still cycling, just trying to make it cozy for two baby damsels in a few weeks.

Attachments

• 20210906_191001_resized.jpg
    20210906_191001_resized.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 21

Alaeriel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You asked for opinions on having two damsels and another fish in a 10 gallon. Most of the advice was to absolutely not pursue that tank size with the fish you already have and to get them something they can thrive in, rather than a stressful tiny box. I'm glad you got them each their own caves, and I truly hope that you do more research on their proper care, rather than trying to force your preferences on the fish. Best of luck in the hobby. And best of luck to your fish.

OP
OP
DebraLV

DebraLV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You asked for opinions on having two damsels and another fish in a 10 gallon. Most of the advice was to absolutely not pursue that tank size with the fish you already have and to get them something they can thrive in, rather than a stressful tiny box. I'm glad you got them each their own caves, and I truly hope that you do more research on their proper care, rather than trying to force your preferences on the fish. Best of luck in the hobby. And best of luck to your fish.
I'm not forcing my preferences on my fish. I'm relying on my LFS guy who said they will be fine for a few years in a 10 gallon tank. This species of Damsels stay relatively small. I am also relying on others on here in different threads who have a couple fish with corals in 10 gallons that thrive. But thanks for your judgemental reply.

I know exactly what maintenance is required on a small tank.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back