Opinions: Fiji Mud

  • Thread starter Thread starter nature786
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nature786

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 11, 2013
Messages
566
Reaction score
30
Location
Chester, Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of setting up a new tank, and I'm thinking about using some kind of a mud substrate for the refugium.
I am wondering if anyone here is using the "Walt smith Fiji Mud" or "Miracle mud from Ecosystems".
If you are; which one do you use, how long has it been in your system and if you could do it all over again, would you make the same choice?

Thanks
 
I have been using both in my HOB sump/refugium for close to a year now. I believe the ecosystems mirical mud is the most effective as it time releases needed compounds into the water column. It is also great for growing macro algae and copods.
 
I have been using both in my HOB sump/refugium for close to a year now. I believe the ecosystems mirical mud is the most effective as it time releases needed compounds into the water column. It is also great for growing macro algae and copods.

Are both Tanks identical; which is why u believe miracle mud is better.
Just curious
 
Negative. I first bought the Fiji mud then after doing research online found out its not pure from the ocean like ecosystems miracle mud. I elected to keep the Fiji mud in the sump/refugium simply because it got some beneficial use. I did however place the ecosystems mirical mud on top of the Fiji mud.
 
Negative. I first bought the Fiji mud then after doing research online found out its not pure from the ocean like ecosystems miracle mud. I elected to keep the Fiji mud in the sump/refugium simply because it got some beneficial use. I did however place the ecosystems mirical mud on top of the Fiji mud.


How long after adding the miracle mud did u start noticing a difference?
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new