opinions on Hanna multi tester

  • Thread starter Thread starter ladizzlee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ladizzlee

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2024
Messages
24
Reaction score
7
Location
Miami FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning, not sure which thread to put this in.

so I dont have any water checkers at the moment except for the salinity one from hanna but i wanted to know any opinions on the Marine Master Multiparameter tester that tests everything.

Do you have it? if so is it worth it? if not do you like something else better?

thanks in advance!
 
I think its important to consider what will be tested, I personally never test ammonia or nitrite or magnesium, and I stopped testing ph years ago. The only parameter I test several times per week is alkalinity

But I've really backed off using the hanna testers lately because they keep increasing the price of the reagants. If you test all those parameters every day, it will cost over $100 a month for just reagant refills alone, thats $1200 a year just for tester refills. I don't see the value personally.
 
I think its important to consider what will be tested, I personally never test ammonia or nitrite or magnesium, and I stopped testing ph years ago. The only parameter I test several times per week is alkalinity

But I've really backed off using the hanna testers lately because they keep increasing the price of the reagants. If you test all those parameters every day, it will cost over $100 a month for just reagant refills alone, thats $1200 a year just for tester refills. I don't see the value personally.
i usually test once a week and basically just to make sure i dont or do need to dose anything. so if i was to be doing any checks it would be weekly.
 
I have it and like it. I used to have the individual ones, and this is much nicer with all-in-one case and storage location. No more stacking of the black cases for each checker. I bought a couple laboratory pippettes from amazon in the 10ml and 1ml size so I can dial in exact amounts of sample and reagents. Much better than trying to read a syringe perfectly. I feel between these two items (Hanna checker and pipettes) i have increased my repeatability of testing and taken out a large degree of measurement error and reading uncertainty. It works for me. Of course you can do this with individual Hanna checkers, but after you start adding 4-5 I figured i might as well get the all-in-one design for a few dollars more. One benefit of the multi parameter checker is the Bluetooth and the app. While the app isn’t perfect, it does auto log the results for you, so you can call up past results and plot them graphically. These will transfer via Bluetooth to your phone for easy reference. Also the multiparameter checker has tutorial mode so that you don’t have to keep the cartoon cards to remind you what to do at each step. It tells you everything to do step by step, including timers. Finally, just because you have it, doesn’t mean you have to test everything daily, rather you have it for when you need it and its easy to use.
 
Good morning, not sure which thread to put this in.

so I dont have any water checkers at the moment except for the salinity one from hanna but i wanted to know any opinions on the Marine Master Multiparameter tester that tests everything.

Do you have it? if so is it worth it? if not do you like something else better?

thanks in advance!
I have it and like it. What I really like is the app keeps the log results over time so I don't have to.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new