Options on a $600-$700 budget

  • Thread starter Thread starter Electrobes
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 16, 2009
Messages
2,088
Reaction score
241
Location
Fort Myers, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife is interested in getting a camcorder to record our kid growing up and what not. I'm thinking "Sweet! My tank can get some video love."

What would y'all suggest for a nice camcorder? I believe her father has done his research, as usual, and came up with one he liked best. I don't know what it is, but I would love to hear what y'all have to say and hopefully his suggestion is listed.

Thanks!
 
My wife is interested in getting a camcorder to record our kid growing up and what not. I'm thinking "Sweet! My tank can get some video love."

What would y'all suggest for a nice camcorder? I believe her father has done his research, as usual, and came up with one he liked best. I don't know what it is, but I would love to hear what y'all have to say and hopefully his suggestion is listed.

Thanks!

Just an FYI when i was doing research for cameras (NOT video cameras), i had some professional photographers telling me that some HD DSLR cameras are even better with recording video...they might be out of budget but just food for thought. The guys we are hiring for our wedding are using HD cameras to video it!!
 
Heh if I tell her professional reefer people told me her Dad's opinion sucks, of course she'll go with my suggestion! ;)

Well hopefully someone will let me know about that FSU... that is interesting though.
 
If you go the DSLR route, be careful. Some do not autofocus while filming. I've used my point and shoot cameras video as well as my DSLR's. If it were me, I would stick with the camcorder. I think it's hard to go wrong with any of them at that price range from a major manufacturer.

CJ
 
I have been really happy with my Panasonic Lumix G2 Micro DSLR...It shoots stunning HD 1080 video, has interchangeable lenses, and is a very nice compact size.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new