Options on a $600-$700 budget

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife is interested in getting a camcorder to record our kid growing up and what not. I'm thinking "Sweet! My tank can get some video love."

What would y'all suggest for a nice camcorder? I believe her father has done his research, as usual, and came up with one he liked best. I don't know what it is, but I would love to hear what y'all have to say and hopefully his suggestion is listed.

Thanks!

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife is interested in getting a camcorder to record our kid growing up and what not. I'm thinking "Sweet! My tank can get some video love."

What would y'all suggest for a nice camcorder? I believe her father has done his research, as usual, and came up with one he liked best. I don't know what it is, but I would love to hear what y'all have to say and hopefully his suggestion is listed.

Thanks!

Just an FYI when i was doing research for cameras (NOT video cameras), i had some professional photographers telling me that some HD DSLR cameras are even better with recording video...they might be out of budget but just food for thought. The guys we are hiring for our wedding are using HD cameras to video it!!

OP
OP
Electrobes

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heh if I tell her professional reefer people told me her Dad's opinion sucks, of course she'll go with my suggestion! ;)

Well hopefully someone will let me know about that FSU... that is interesting though.

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go the DSLR route, be careful. Some do not autofocus while filming. I've used my point and shoot cameras video as well as my DSLR's. If it were me, I would stick with the camcorder. I think it's hard to go wrong with any of them at that price range from a major manufacturer.

CJ

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have been really happy with my Panasonic Lumix G2 Micro DSLR...It shoots stunning HD 1080 video, has interchangeable lenses, and is a very nice compact size.

phi delt reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back