Orbit Serene.... Is there a DIY version??

Mebeknob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://current-usa.com/serene-freshwater-led-kit/
I've wanted to do something like this with my Reef for awhile now but my main goal was to connect with my Neptune Apex. In the led drivers to be too expensive to really figure this out... but maybe I'm wrong.

Anyone able to attach those low voltage strips found on Amazon and Ebay and control each individual RGBW channel?

If so what drivers did you use?

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Mebeknob - just came across this thread. I'm unsure if you're still looking but maybe something like this would work...

Power Practical Luminoodle Professional Bias Lighting for HDTV | 15 Colors + 6500K True White LED TV Backlight | fits 55" to 75" TV Adhesive RGB+W Strip Lights with Wireless Remote, Dimmer - X-Large https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078949RR8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_0kQ7BbSKZHEXS

OP
OP
Mebeknob

Mebeknob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Mebeknob - just came across this thread. I'm unsure if you're still looking but maybe something like this would work...

Power Practical Luminoodle Professional Bias Lighting for HDTV | 15 Colors + 6500K True White LED TV Backlight | fits 55" to 75" TV Adhesive RGB+W Strip Lights with Wireless Remote, Dimmer - X-Large https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078949RR8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_0kQ7BbSKZHEXS

So the main issue with these are you are unable to program anything with them. The remotes limit you to picking a single color… or fading between certain colors. I want to be able to control each color (RGBW) independently via Apex Fusion. This way I can sync the timing up with my radions and have a true backlit sunrise and sunset. Also if connected to the apex I might be able to get the lights to turn certain colors for certain alarms (i.e. turn red if the leak detectors are tripped)

I have been looking into this and think I found what I’ll need to make the link. It’s going to cost more than what I want but meh… it’ll be a cool project.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Mebeknob - yes, having everything running off your Apex would be cool, for sure!

Since you may be into DIY projects, have you ventured into building your own controller(s)? Depending on the cost of what you want to accomplish, it may make a lot of sense to look into these threads. The other members would be happy to answer any questions you may have and are super helpful! Please let me know your solution should the below threads not interest you.

Just search for these threads...

reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

Reef-Pi Base Boards (Pico, etc)

Reef Pi Build

OP
OP
Mebeknob

Mebeknob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Mebeknob - yes, having everything running off your Apex would be cool, for sure!

Since you may be into DIY projects, have you ventured into building your own controller(s)? Depending on the cost of what you want to accomplish, it may make a lot of sense to look into these threads. The other members would be happy to answer any questions you may have and are super helpful! Please let me know your solution should the below threads not interest you.

Since I already have an apex.... I'd rather just stick with that. And I think most peopel that have controllers prob have the apex or the profilux. So I want to try and make it Apex ready in case I decide to market these

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I already have an apex.... I'd rather just stick with that. And I think most peopel that have controllers prob have the apex or the profilux. So I want to try and make it Apex ready in case I decide to market these

I see... good luck with the development! Please let me know how things work out.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back