Ordering fish?

legomaheggos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at ordering some fish for my 125. My area no longer has a lfs. Ive ordered from liveaquaria and they are great but saltwaterfish.com has some good deals. Anyone have any experience with them?

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently it depends on the day. Some people have great experiences with them and order all the time, some people say the stuff shows up dead and the customer service won’t help.

Chris8232

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stay away from saltwaterfish.com . Terrible customer service and terrible policy's. There guaranteed is issued as store credit. Then when you make a purchase with there issued credit there is no guarantee on that order.

So to sum it up they can send you a dead fish you paid for with your hard earned cash. They issue you a store credit. Then they can send you another dead fish.No refund or credit will be issued because that order was purchased with there store credit. Your out your hard earned cash and your time you took to receive the package during normal business hours.

It's no wonder they advertise freebies with minable purchases. It's to suck you in.

It's a matter of time before other figure it out.
I don't see them in business for long as a public online retailer.

JJ Ocean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like with many items in retail ... you get what you pay for. The saltwater fish trade isn't much different. If somebody is significantly lower - there's a reason and odds are that it is tied to quality and/or customer service.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Local reefing clubs are also another place to keep an eye on. Someone might breed clowns or cardinals, someone might have a fish that was bullied in their setup and looking to rehome. Best part know what you are getting and no long travel times stressing the fish.

I have also used ebay from sellers that have great ratings and reviews. Always read the bad reviews, they are very telling. you’re always risking doas, but if say no communication after paying, small bags, 20 reviewers say velvet etc. gives you insight how they do business.

OP
OP
L

legomaheggos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. Pretty well confirms my thoughts on swfish.com. unfortunately we dint have many reefers in my small town. Live aquaria has always been great. Very rare to get a bad fish and theyve always made it right without hassle. I will check ou ny aquatic also. Thanks everyone!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@NYAquatic is my favorite, followed by divers den.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 38 30.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back