Orphek Atlantik v4

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Guy's, I have thought about doing 3 fixtures. My tank is only 18" from front to back and 22" deep. I think that 3 V4's may be way too much? Also mounting three of them from the ceiling is a lot of cables. The tank is in a main room in our house. I am pretty sure my wife will hate the way that looks. I have thought of trying to figure a way to join multiple fixtures together so I can hang them with just one set of cables. I have the cables from My current lighting (60" ATI T5) in the ceiling already. It would be great to be able to use it's locations for new lighting.
https://orphek.com/mounting-brackets-mounting-arm-hang-kit-atlantik-led-lighting/

BobNY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the link!! That was tremendously helpful.

Looking at the hanging kit for the Ecotech RMS rails, I should be able to hang them similarly to the way my ATI is hanging. I think I can attach one half of the cable kit to each rail.

Do you think 2 fixtures will cover the 72" width sufficiently? I could probably do 3 if needed, but that seems like a a lot of light.
i can only answer for my older versions but i can grow sps anywhere even on the bottom. The new version is higher watts

BobNY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Bruce!
I have a feeling 2 fixtures will be plenty. I am going to start with that.
Looking at the link with different mounting examples, I really like the way the Aqua Illuminations classic rail set looks. I found someone with the 72" in stock, so I ordered it. If they end up being to close to the surface or I find maintenance a pain with them resting on the tank I will end up hanging them.

Now I just need to order the lights :)

BobNY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Atlantik V4's on the way.
Of Coarse the company that said they had the AI 72" mounts in stock didn't :mad:. I did manage to find a 60" in stock (hopefully).
So I will definitely be hanging them. I may even be able to use the same mounting locations as my 60" ATI.

BobNY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Atlantik's are up and running. I haven't had much time to play with the programming yet. So far I am real happy with everything looks. The Aqua Illumination rail kit is a great match for them.

IMG_0134.JPG

BobNY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to add a 3rd Atlantik. Coverage was good with the two fixtures, but I wanted full even coverage across the whole tank. Also I like the look of one fixture above the tank. The three units together give that appearance. The three fixtures plus the aluminum rails weigh about 55 lbs. I sure hope the mounting cables hold the weight :eek:

IMG_0262.JPG
IMG_0257.JPG

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Atlantik's are up and running. I haven't had much time to play with the programming yet. So far I am real happy with everything looks. The Aqua Illumination rail kit is a great match for them.

IMG_0134.JPG
What did you have to do to get them to slide onto the rail? If I buy two rails and the hanging kit do I need anything else? Thanks!

slyseekr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All, I'm really curious as I'm evaluating LED upgrade options for my tank.

How are all the Atlantik owners enjoying their v4 fixtures? Do the support concerns still linger, or have they improved/gotten worse?

My tank is a mixed reef DB 80g rimless that was recently upgraded from a Nuvo 30L (w/ Sump). The 80g inherited 3 AI Prime HDs. Once my water optimizes and stabilizes, my plans are to go SPS dominant, and I'm gravitating towards 2 v4 Compacts. I'm also considering waiting for the new Kessil A360x (w/ 3 units), or possibly a pair of Mitras LX7s. Thanks!

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not any issues that needed support and have been extremely impressed with the fixture. I really wouldn't consider the new kessils on the same level.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found support to be excellent. If you have an issue you generally get to talk to the boss versus going through the usual chain of customer service agents. Also will do whatever it takes to solve the problem. Love the fixtures and the results.

eddius_maximus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big shoutout to Orphek. Sunday morning, I attempt to change my light schedule for DST only to find that at some point my Orphek gateway was no longer connecting. Within 5 minutes they e-mailed me back and have been very responsive/helpful ever since and eventually got my issue resolved.

That is awesome customer service.

(The problem was unrelated to Orphek - it was local network/router issues)

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not go anywhere near them.

I bought 4 lights, two were faulty, and after sales support is non-existent unless you want to repair things yourself, and despite the lights still being under warranty.

Yes the owner and support staff are very responsive on email, but it took several hours of back and forth email correspondence to diagnose the problems (having to open the lights and run several tests on various components myself).

I was then told the only way to repair them was for them to send me the replacement components and do it myself (including soldering). I went ahead with this only to have one of the lights fail again only a few weeks later...not what you expect when spending $3,400 on a “high end” product.

There is no replacement or refund policy so if a light is faulty you are stuck with it and need to repair it yourself. If you are a DIY person and have a lot of time on your hands then it may be fine.

Just curious, which component went bad?

LVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I'm going to be ordering orpheks here in the next day or two but curious if I need the compact or regular.

Tank is a reefer 250, probably 85-90 percent sps with some lps on the bottom corners. Would the compact work for this or would I need the full size? Thanks

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I'm going to be ordering orpheks here in the next day or two but curious if I need the compact or regular.

Tank is a reefer 250, probably 85-90 percent sps with some lps on the bottom corners. Would the compact work for this or would I need the full size? Thanks

Go full size. Ends will be dark with the compact.

LVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, that what I was leaning towards but wanted to make sure I didnt waste money if not needed

eddius_maximus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Get the regular Atlantik V4. Perfect size for the 250.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%

Back