Orphek Atlantik v4

NoFoolin

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 23, 2019
Messages
39
Reaction score
40
Location
Grand Rapids
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have (3) Orphek Atlantik v4 lights lined up in a row on a 180 gal (6'x2'x2') tank about 16" above the water. It is a mixed reef tank and I have been using the default "coral color growth" program thinking that I couldn't go wrong with manufacturer recommendations. However, after a 3 to 4 week acclimation period my acros tend to whiten. I broke down and got a PAR meter and to my surprise I was measuring mid 400's about 8" below the surface and mid 300's on the sand. Clearly I have to tone things down but here are my questions to my fellow reefers:
  1. What PAR range would you recommend for the Acros on top for good color and health?
  2. Those with a Orphek, what settings do you like, custom or preprogrammed, for looks and coral growth? I saw BRS recommends 70%, 100%, 100%, 40% for channels 1-4 respectively in one of their videos. I like those tones but the PAR is still too high.
 
Last edited:
I've used leds for a long time, but not Orphek fixtures. I also have a PAR meter.

For most sps corals I'd recommend about 250 to 300 at the top of the rocks and 125 to 150 at the sand.
 
I am using the attached with heavy cloud settings peaks around 300 par at the top and 200 at the bottom around 20 inches.

Screenshot_20200503-105929_Atlantik v4-Gateway2.jpg
 
I am using the attached with heavy cloud settings peaks around 300 par at the top and 200 at the bottom around 20 inches.

Screenshot_20200503-105929_Atlantik v4-Gateway2.jpg
That's a very interesting schedule. I found the clouds startled the fish and didn't look natural. What are your time settings on the clouds?
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 30.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new