Orphek Icon compact useable spread

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering some different tank setups right now but i would like to use an orphek icon compact (hoping to save a bit as I already have 1 led bar) with 2 led bars if possible. Either a 24 x 24 x 24 or 30 x 24 x 16.
Do you think the spread of the compact with 2 24inch led bars (im thinking of using 1 blue and one reefday) will this sufficiently light a 30x24 inch footprint?
I do want to keep lower light corals off on the side as i have had many begin to bleach under my 6 bulb t5 with led bar combo i am currently using on my 36" tank. Anyone know the actual usable spread of an orphek compact mounted at 16 inches? I have only seen it tested in a 24" cube and not any larger for 1 compact unit

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you checked out the BRS video on the Atlantiks? It gives a pretty good indication of the PAR readings and spread at several heights.

OP
OP
D

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched it and it was a bit helpful as the orphek at 16" gives a good amount of spread with 240 to 260 par at the ends (gives me a lot of hope) but they only test 2 orphek atlantik compacts over a 48" tank or 1 over a 24" tank. The tank will be 30x24 so i am thinking i can compensate using 1 24 inch or3 with the reef day color (seems very similar to the orphek icon arrangement at 100% power) and 1 illumagic actinic blue strip (i have it from a previous build and i do like the actinic pop it puts out)

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 38 58.5%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back