Orphek Or3 Blue+ stopped working

  • Thread starter Thread starter xabo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Just ordered a bunch of diodes for mine - going to try and resurrect it one last time. Just hard to chunk it in the trash. Was a great light for 18 months - far too short for the money....
 
Orphek quotes $140 to replace 150cm LED board in case the info is useful to anyone reading this thread. I won’t be going that route personally.
 
One OR3 120 stopped working after 10 months and it was replaced by BRS. The other of the same died at 15 months which was out of warrantee (12 months). They offered me to fix for $130 and I paid $180. I would never buy them again.
 
Just want to post my experience with my 6 light bars, they all failed within 2 years of use.

They look great but are unreliable pieces of trash. I tell everyone who wants to buy them this and they still buy them for some reason. 😒
 
Just want to post my experience with my 6 light bars, they all failed within 2 years of use.

They look great but are unreliable pieces of trash. I tell everyone who wants to buy them this and they still buy them for some reason. 😒
They are not trash - just the design with passive cooling needs to respect power output, and these lights have way too much wattage for their thermal dissipation potential.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new