Orpheks vs ai blades

Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
the lenses they put on them are almost 30 degrees which is super duper narrow and pretty much like a laser beam into your tank.
Very interesting. Any idea what the AI's are? 90? I don't know how anyone decides when they leave this info (and power) unpublished.

Tight lenses like 30º are better (pretty much a requirement) if you want to mount the lights high up (>8"), or if the tank is deep.
 
Very interesting. Any idea what the AI's are? 90? I don't know how anyone decides when they leave this info (and power) unpublished.

Tight lenses like 30º are better (pretty much a requirement) if you want to mount the lights high up (>8"), or if the tank is deep.
AI Blade are at about 100 degrees.
 
I would skip both and get some Quanta Helix instead, better spectrum and better price.


I just added supplemental light bars and went with Quanta. They’re awesome! Very well built. Mine included a wire harness for 0-10V control, manual dimmer, or on/off.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4613.jpeg
    IMG_4613.jpeg
    258.4 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_4610.jpeg
    IMG_4610.jpeg
    235.4 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_4608.jpeg
    IMG_4608.jpeg
    240.7 KB · Views: 91
AI Blade are at about 100 degrees.
makes sense since it looks like they're intended to go pretty much right on top of the tank.

Orphek must intend theirs to be up in a canopy or on a higher mount.... or for bigger/deeper tanks.

My first LED system (DIY) was all 30° lenses and it was great for what it was. As I recall, it was a good 12-13 inches off the tank which made viewing and accessing the tank very nice.
 
I added 2 Quanta Meso (5’) over my 210. The Fixtures and Lucas communication is 10/10!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8434.jpeg
    IMG_8434.jpeg
    134.6 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_8427.jpeg
    IMG_8427.jpeg
    201 KB · Views: 72
For the way you have your Radions Mounted I would go with AI Blades. they are great and lighter. The others mentioned will put a lot of weight on the back glass IMO
 
Yeah I just literally was looking this up. Just measured the par with my ai blade grow at 22 inches from the sand set at 100, 100 and 60 and I had about 100 to 115 par at sand bed. My or2 turned on at the same height only produced 70 to 75. However or4 likely more powerful. But interesting to see for sure.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new