osmolator 3155 acting up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jbod77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have an osmolator 3155 that has got some age on it. it stopped pumping water so i figured it was time for another replacement pump and ordered one. the new pump doesn't work either. i cleaned the connections on the 5017 controller and everything looks fine and dandy. if i put a multimeter to the terminals does anyone know what the output should be? is there a fix for a controller that looks like its working but won't fire the pump? if i have to replace the controller can i buy just that or does it have to be a complete system?
@rvitko

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have an osmolator 3155 that has got some age on it. it stopped pumping water so i figured it was time for another replacement pump and ordered one. the new pump doesn't work either. i cleaned the connections on the 5017 controller and everything looks fine and dandy. if i put a multimeter to the terminals does anyone know what the output should be? is there a fix for a controller that looks like its working but won't fire the pump? if i have to replace the controller can i buy just that or does it have to be a complete system?
@rvitko

Have you cleaned the sensors? I had the same issue, cleaned the sensors and it worked. Just a thought.

OP
OP
Jbod77

Jbod77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you cleaned the sensors? I had the same issue, cleaned the sensors and it worked. Just a thought.
i did not clean the sensors as the controller shows pump on after startup as the water level is low. could that actually be the problem? i figured if the 5017 was flashing that it was calling for water the sensor would be working? i could be very very wrong though

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should have 9-12V DC going to the pump. When you say it is older, how old? Is it blue with white lettering or black with blue lettering. If this unit was made before 2009 and is black with blue letters/print on the box, it is likely unrepairable, the issue is it is a much older circuit board with a lower power output to the pump.

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i did not clean the sensors as the controller shows pump on after startup as the water level is low. could that actually be the problem? i figured if the 5017 was flashing that it was calling for water the sensor would be working? i could be very very wrong though

It's worth a try. Easy fix if it works. :)

OP
OP
Jbod77

Jbod77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should have 9-12V DC going to the pump. When you say it is older, how old? Is it blue with white lettering or black with blue lettering. If this unit was made before 2009 and is black with blue letters/print on the box, it is likely unrepairable, the issue is it is a much older circuit board with a lower power output to the pump.
definately blue with white print. i will check output when i get home this evening from work. if the controller is in fact at fault can that be purchased independently?

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got two nano models, I don’t trust them. I installed a float valve on it. Last time, it flooded my sump with rodi and kalk.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 5017 is the controller

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back