Osmolator 3155 ATO Issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Big John

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, i have a osmolator 3155. It has been working great until today. The issue I am having is an alarm will sound and it turns the pump on and then right back off. It just keeps repeating this over and over. I have another unit set up on another tank so I thought maybe the pump had an issue and swapped the pump and it did the same thing.

Is there something I need to clean or has my controller died? The brain is kept in a separate electronics cabinet so it has never seen water.

Thanks for any help John.

brawthy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check your float switch-it could be misfiring. Alternatively, if the water is too low in whatever sort of container the pump is in it will sound.

OP
OP
B

Big John

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check your float switch-it could be misfiring. Alternatively, if the water is too low in whatever sort of container the pump is in it will sound.

Thanks. I will check the float switch. The pump reservoir was over half full so around 10 gallons.

zoasaholic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the alarm coming on it mean to much water and determin by the float switch and the pump shouldn’t come on
Controller?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I replied to your email a few minutes ago, my main hunch is that you inadvertently swapped a power supply with something else.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Is this a new feature? Mine is a few years old and the water runs out in my container all the time but I don't get an alarm.

dimo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a new feature? Mine is a few years old and the water runs out in my container all the time but I don't get an alarm.

That feature is turned off by default, need to move an internal jumper to turn it on.

Josh Kraft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the float switch meant to be a backup to the optical sensor, and that switch enables you to use it as an ATO container alarm instead?

dimo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the float switch meant to be a backup to the optical sensor, and that switch enables you to use it as an ATO container alarm instead?

The float switch is purely a backup to the main optical switch to prevent a flood in case the optical fails and always calls for water.

In the event of no water in ato or outright pump failure there is an internal pump timer. If the sensors call for water and no water comes it will time out and cause an alarm. Default setting for that is visual alarm only. Moving a jumper inside the box can turn on the audible alarm for it.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 26 16.6%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 65 41.4%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 14.0%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 35 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 5.7%
Back