Our 500 gallon build

Tricina

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another 500 gallon build!! 210 reef 210 fish only. The sump is a 125 that holds about 80 gallons of water. Been planning it for many years have only about a month left of the manual labor half of the build for the room and tanks! We are actually getting some frag tanks this weekend and setting up a wall of our 20 and 30 gallon tanks for macro algae, copepods, phytoplankton, and mysis. For now I am just going to put up the drawling planned for the room lol I will have more images probably monday after the weekend of more building and cleaning and buying lol

B881BE21-0B12-4260-B63B-F4B085ACB8C9.jpeg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool, congratulation on the moving forward on the build!!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:
OP
OP
Tricina

Tricina

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super cool build. And welcome to R2R! If your actual build is half as meticulous as your drawing, I think you are set for success!

1621047763970.gif
That drawling was made a long while ago, changes have been made a few times over lol!! But the room is still a fish room, just maybe need to move out the laundry room part ☠️☠️☠️
Drew Barrymore Oops GIF by NETFLIX

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This is going to be an awesome build! Following :)

OP
OP
Tricina

Tricina

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a lowboy to our system and lost a combat with flow. Slight spill over last night due to what seems a change in flow that happened. The return was faster than the intake, lost about 10 gallons to our floor. Any ideas how to add a emergency valve to a lowboy? The valves were completely open on the intake and pump on low for the return. The hose on the intake is 1” and return is 3/4 id. Just want an idea for an emergency valve to try and prevent another change in flow in the middle of the night!!

Attachments

• 656790AB-19AF-4EE5-9E80-0718ED6F5F67.jpeg
    656790AB-19AF-4EE5-9E80-0718ED6F5F67.jpeg
    72 KB · Views: 63

Smarkow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a lowboy to our system and lost a combat with flow. Slight spill over last night due to what seems a change in flow that happened. The return was faster than the intake, lost about 10 gallons to our floor. Any ideas how to add a emergency valve to a lowboy? The valves were completely open on the intake and pump on low for the return. The hose on the intake is 1” and return is 3/4 id. Just want an idea for an emergency valve to try and prevent another change in flow in the middle of the night!!
Ideally if the tank is not tempered you would drain, drill, and plumb in a second line. In the meantime, if you use a controller maybe get a cheap float valve which will shut off the return pump before an overflow. Not a great longterm solution but might give you dry floors for a few nights.

OP
OP
Tricina

Tricina

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ideally if the tank is not tempered you would drain, drill, and plumb in a second line. In the meantime, if you use a controller maybe get a cheap float valve which will shut off the return pump before an overflow. Not a great longterm solution but might give you dry floors for a few nights.
Actually, that can work cause I have a spare one anyway and I can hook that up today! Yea we are going to try and drill another hole in the tank this weekend for an emergency valve deal with just an open drain pvc elbow to the water line max we want!

OP
OP
Tricina

Tricina

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the idea of the float!!! I cannot thank you enough!!

Back