OP
OP
Wendy Rodgers

Wendy Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow looks great. What will you be growing in the fuge. Also do you think the fuge primes are strong enough to grow cheato

That's what I plan on trying... cheap to.

I do think they will be strong enough....

Hoping.... lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wendy Rodgers

Wendy Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Wendy Rodgers how the does sump work. Does it go through the fuge than into pump for uv than into skimmer chamber than last the return?

All water goes over overflow thru filter socks... uv light has it's own pump that goes thru uv light and then into 3 reactors all with flow metered valves and there is a bypass.
Chiller pump picks up water from middle of sump and chills it... then drops it into refuge which then goes to the return section ... chiller only comes on a couple times a day for maybe 5 to 10 mins
So basically the water gets filtered thru socks before it gets picked up and put into refuge.

Last edited:

Alexreefer

Coral, Coral, Coral!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All water goes over overflow thru filter socks... uv light has it's own pump that goes thru uv light and then into 3 reactors all with flow metered valves and there is a bypass.
Chiller pump picks up water from middle of sump and chills it... then drops it into refuge which then goes to the return section ... chiller only comes on a couple times a day for maybe 5 to 10 mins
So basically the water gets filtered thru socks before it gets picked up and put into refuge.
Gotcha. What a filtration system you got there

SaracensRugby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't imagine what this would cost to have it professionally done, the level of detail is second to none. It makes my head spin all of the planning and detail that went into it. If the tank and equipment alone are almost 40k, the fish and corals will be......oof.

This would be an easy 80k plus job if you had someone else do it all I have to imagine. Your water bill alone...I guess what they say is true about hobbies: don't get the car if you can't afford the tires. :)

Fantastic build!

Side note, I am in the western burbs of Chicago for those above...

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back