OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just am debating moving the copperband to the 20g reef so it may try to eat something on the rocks or be more comfortable.

The 2 clowns will be fine, but would a purple dotty back? I'm not even sure if I should move it, but I want to give it the best chance until the trap comes in.

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK I think I just saw it trying to pick back at its feeder. Maybe it's gonna be OK in this qt without moving it even more after all

Treefer32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, my Angel had stress spots from being bullied. I didn't think it was going to make it but it still is an agressive eater, there's just other more agressive fish. So, it doesn't pick on anything, I tries to be left alone! Hah! I thought the yellow Angels were swallowtails and Bellus were the ones with a blue and black stripe. Eitherway I have both and they are my most tame fish. Unfortunately I think it comes down to tank mates!

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ended up wearing the Bellus down and got her out of the 125 tonight. Quickly moved the copperband back and it's already back to exploring.

The other fish seem much happier with the Bellus out too now. I hope I didn't screw any corals up in the process!

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My gosh now the foxface isn't liking the copperband. It's not trying to kill it like the Bellus and tang were, I think it's just re-establishing it's the boss in the tank. Copperband is just a little freaked out being back in the big tank hopefully. The foxface did this when we originally got the copperband, but they worked it out.

Is this just a fish that others see as a threat? It's annoying how many fish pester this poor thing just minding its own business lol.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My gosh now the foxface isn't liking the copperband. It's not trying to kill it like the Bellus and tang were, I think it's just re-establishing it's the boss in the tank. Copperband is just a little freaked out being back in the big tank hopefully. The foxface did this when we originally got the copperband, but they worked it out.

Is this just a fish that others see as a threat? It's annoying how many fish pester this poor thing just minding its own business lol.
You’ll likely find that this is just setting up the pecking order again. I know my CBB is quite possibly the big boss fish whilst my Fox is the big Peace Keeper of the tank.

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after 3 days back in the 125 main display, the cbb is getting back to it's normal self exploring, I just haven't seen it eat like it was before it got harassed. It's mouth looks nearly healed up.

With a few aiptasia coming back and tons of rock, hopefully it's starting to pick at stuff. It's no longer afraid of the foxface, but the fox will randomly halfway chase it for a split second if they get too close to each other. Fingers still crossed it fully recovers!

20221207_201333.jpg

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems it's back to being timid and mostly hiding behind a few rocks. It will come out to swim on occasion, but hopefully it's just re settling in. Haven't noticed it eating anymore.

Doesn't SEEM to be losing much body fat or anything yet. Maybe it'll clean up these aiptasia that are starting back up since removing it.

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking like we'll soon be getting another cbb. Noticed today it's staying behind our big toadstool mushroom. Finally got it out from behind it long enough to see its beak looks to be deteriorating. Tried to get a picture but can't. Best I could do is below.

It looks like one side is slowly just coming apart with what looks like flesh hanging off best I can describe it. It's definitely not eating.

I don't have another qt system, and our Bellus that started this whole ordeal is in the qt tank now waiting for a new home.

Gonna try to do everything I can to help it survive, but I'm already figuring this one is a loss. Hopefully the next one will do better.

I'm so upset with how far we'd gotten this one :(

20221211_204845.jpg

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm thinking our plan now is to get this bellus sold, and move this cbb to our qt system. We're soon gonna get a new selection of fish in, and this one is basically a goner imo. Gonna get another cbb in its place and do my best to care for this sick one, but it's not good at all.

Hiding in one spot and freaking out if food or anything comes near it now. Completely opposite of what it was earlier.

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our new one! Already picked at a piece of brine, and picking all over the rocks already.

Foxface is like get out of my sight if it swims by it, but seems to be just showing it its the boss of the tank. So excited to have one of these again!

20230104_112105.jpg

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't mind the dusty water...... Tang and Foxface are deciding who's boss and kicking up sand. This copperband is MUCH more outgoing and less skiddish than our last one. Very happy with it

20230104_202953.jpg
20230104_202951.jpg

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just watched the new one eat 4 small Aiptasia! Haven't seen it eating any frozen yet, but that's progress. We've got some larger aips, hoping it takes them all out like the last one did!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back