Our Reefing Addiction

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought it might be time to start a thread on our reefs (6)
Tank #1 is an IM30L with a Nano-Quad light
fullsizeoutput_bf.jpeg

One day my wife came out to the garage and told me that it was un-fair that we keep all the beautiful coral in the garage. Solution, we bought her an all in one. I love this tank (cyano and all). It was going to be just a "dirty" softie tank but the water and light are doing really good, so we have started adding some Acros (WD and Dragon Slayer) we also have a jaw breaker and our favorite the Tyree Toadstool.
Cheers! Mark

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful tank! I look forward to hearing more about the journey of how it got to this point and what your plans are for the future!

Fishy212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fullsizeoutput_bf.jpeg

One day my wife came out to the garage and told me that it was un-fair that we keep all the beautiful coral in the garage. Solution, we bought her an all in one. I love this tank (cyano and all). It was going to be just a "dirty" softie tank but the water and light are doing really good, so we have started adding some Acros (WD and Dragon Slayer) we also have a jaw breaker and our favorite the Tyree Toadstool.
Cheers! Mark
Always include the wife.. gj man!!

OP
OP
Daddy-o

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just asking someone the other day... Who's Your Daddy.... Well Now We Know.... It's You... Nice Tank Sir... Can't wait for whats next. :cool:
I like that!!
After this reef, we still have 5 more reefs to show. I am hoping that starting this thread will force my picture taking to get better.
Cheers! Mark

CasaReefer

Promoted To Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds Like you need to ask Santa.. for a " Who's Your Daddy " Camera.... You been good right.... I am sure you would get it... Just Ask... What me to ask for ya.. I know the guy... Well I see him standing in front of the Grocery Store just today. Not sure he will remember ... He was kinda slurring his words .. But I would put a note in his pocket...

OP
OP
Daddy-o

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds Like you need to ask Santa.. for a " Who's Your Daddy " Camera.... You been good right.... I am sure you would get it... Just Ask... What me to ask for ya.. I know the guy... Well I see him standing in front of the Grocery Store just today. Not sure he will remember ... He was kinda slurring his words .. But I would put a note in his pocket...
I have tried to use "nice" cameras, but I just can't keep all the settings straight.
We picked up this unknown chalice up a couple years ago and it is beautiful in person.
fullsizeoutput_c3.jpeg

CasaReefer

Promoted To Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried to use "nice" cameras, but I just can't keep all the settings straight.
We picked up this unknown chalice up a couple years ago and it is beautiful in person.
fullsizeoutput_c3.jpeg
I bet it is... I asked Secret Santa for some filters to use on my phone that will hopefully help me take better pics... Fingers crossed.

CasaReefer

Promoted To Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a pair of Blue-Blocker glasses for my iphone;Joyful
I was just looking at the post where people are showing off what their Secret Santa got the and there are some people that posted camera filters I think one of them was called Reef Fantasy Filters...

OP
OP
Daddy-o

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The king of reef #2 - Donnie - He is a 4 foot long Tessalata Eel. He is very mellow except for the fact that he keeps making new paths through the rock work with brute force and we have to constantly rebuild and put corals back.
fullsizeoutput_c5.jpeg

CasaReefer

Promoted To Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The king of reef #2 - Donnie - He is a 4 foot long Tessalata Eel. He is very mellow except for the fact that he keeps making new paths through the rock work with brute force and we have to constantly rebuild and put corals back.
fullsizeoutput_c5.jpeg
Holy Smokes... Batman.. That thing is Awesome.. What do you feed him ... kids from the neighborhood...

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fullsizeoutput_bf.jpeg

Cheers! Mark
Have you heard of water flowers. ...hahaha share these photos with her. Dendronephthya sp and Scleronephthya sp

1242670-0a8ee2869120fdfaa3185e7b0c1511bf.jpg 1242093-d42264b0f788eb2775f4ea911dc91008.jpg image11.jpeg Screenshot_2019-11-30-13-45-29-1.png

OP
OP
Daddy-o

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy Smokes... Batman.. That thing is Awesome.. What do you feed him ... kids from the neighborhood...
Haha!! he is very cool. Kind of a finicky eater. We tweezer feed him silversides every 3 days. He doesn't see real well so when you have your hand in the tank, you have to keep an eye on him. He has not bitten me but he will come right up to you hand with his mouth open - I think if you had your pinky out when he came up he would take it. With the needle like teeth and the brute stregth of a 4 foot eel, it would be a bloody mess. So when he comes up to my hand, I make a fist and keep all my fingers tucked away. ;Woot
Cheers! Mark

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back